Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Uhtred

...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

And this evening the establishment have made a news release via their subvented Manx Radio:

Peel makeover given planning permission

Manx Radio 'Report'

I have never heard such blatant placement electioneering on the back of a 'news story' from Manx Radio.

Edited by Wann

Well it seems like the establishment and its lackey Manx Radio has chosen their candidate.

There was a big puff piece on Manx Radio Mandate this morning from Ray Harmer about Peel rejuvenation. I've rarely heard a commissioner say " I " so often and what he has done and going to do, including references to grants.

Bingo.

Of course the presenter read out the small print at the end that a,b and c were also standing for House of Keys.

Strange isn't it? The likes of Roger Watterson wouldn't allow that discussed on the Mannin line under 'electoral rules' which he seems to make up as he goes along...yet the same organisation allows it published.
  • Like 1

My packed personal agenda of thrilling activities (that's irony for those in doubt) rarely takes me Glenfaba-ward but I happened to drive out that way this morning. Is this the election that never was..? 1 tiny "vote Talbot" sign at the Garth Crossroads and its twin near Foxdale deads. That's it...nothing else and no sign of any Baron Bomburst Von Richthofen adverts. (Though that's probably a blessing). Has the democratic process finally run into the sands of Foxdale?

• Like 1

Imagine De Niro as an MHK....bloody marvellous.

He'd certainly meet the fockers.

• Like 2

Bizarrely, the by-election publicity material for Geoffrey Boot, feudal Baron of Waughton, fails to give any mention at all of his activity as a Conservative & Unionist Party councillor

Website does have this photo tho':

CIMG2165-250.jpg

Who is that?

George Osborn and Barry Gibb?

It has all the hallmarks of a tragedy that's for sure.

& this one

GeoffGeorgeOsborne.jpg

I've seen Osborne and he isn't very tall...is Boot standing in a hole or is he a hobbit?

• Like 1