Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Uhtred

...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

Just about sums Peel up!

Talking of Muppets.

I heard Hanson shooting himself in the foot today (IMO big time) by saying we, The Isle of Man, should not be giving overseas aid and should spend all our money at home and should totally fund all students.

Does he not understand that if the UK took the same line with money, that he would have us do, that we would have none to spend at all ?

The interview is on MR website, so can still be heard.

I don't live in Peel but, if I did, that comment alone would have persuaded me not to vote for him. If anything, we should be giving more to meet our international obligations.

• Like 1

I don't live in Peel but, if I did, that comment alone would have persuaded me not to vote for him. If anything, we should be giving more to meet our international obligations.

I don't live in Peel either and feel very sorry for the voters who do

Just about sums Peel up!

Talking of Muppets.

I heard Hanson shooting himself in the foot today.......we should totally fund all students.

Bullshit populist electioneering....how're you going to fund that Leslie? The man's a prat.

Just about sums Peel up!

Talking of Muppets.

I heard Hanson shooting himself in the foot today.......we should totally fund all students.

Bullshit populist electioneering....how're you going to fund that Leslie? The man's a prat.

Did they do the interview after lunch?

Just about sums Peel up!

Talking of Muppets.

Did they do the interview after lunch?

He obviously has a thirst for controversy.

Jeez Uhtred, he's not even elected yet and you hate him already!

Do you think Allan Bell was referring to you?

Jeez Uhtred, he's not even elected yet and you hate him already!

Do you think Allan Bell was referring to you?

I don't hate him at all - I don't know the man. His election observations as highlighted by Dilligaf very strongly suggest he's a dick but pointing that out doesn't equate to hating him. Your overblown reaction to my remarks suggests that you too may be a dick and I equally don't hate you.

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me what Hanson is wittering on about here

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/peel-by-election-leslie-hanson-1-7438420

It seems our electricity bills are double because the MEA didn't get a telecoms licence. Hmmmm and there was me thinking it was down to the massive debt incurred.

The massive debt wasn't repaid in part because they didn't get a telecoms licence to capitalise on the investment made .....