Lenghy sentence.

Paulos

It can't be that easy to smuggle drugs in - why would the prisoners smoke teabags and dryer lint if it were so easy to smuggle tobacco in? And tobacco isn't picked up by sniffer dogs and doesn't have a prison sentence as a deterrent.

Drugs have been smuggled into prison for years and will continue to do so. One person got caught and your singing "victory" and "lets make an example". Why? One person getting stopped is nothing to shout about.

Seems like you're a little naive to me so I'm done here.

Fine by me.

So get off your arse and start trying to smuggle heroin into the pokey. Go on, away you go. Prove how wrong we all are.

Good luck with that one...

• Like 1

3altz come on now you're losing it. There's half a thread here and you have made no impact at all. I have no issue with recreational drug use. I have used recreational drugs. I would happily use recreational drugs tomorrow. People who sell heroin are scum.

No impact at all? You mean ive made points and you're still ignoring them because you're point is "come on now, heroin is heroin and therefore anything associated with it must be bad". As i said, you're naive and this is pointless if your views are so bigoted. I use recreational drugs too and Im not that stupid that I immediately call anyone who uses one substance over another scum without even knowing the person or their issues. Seriously, you're being so fucking naive that its pointless even talking to you.

Drugs have been smuggled into prison for years and will continue to do so. One person got caught and your singing "victory" and "lets make an example". Why? One person getting stopped is nothing to shout about.

Fine by me.

So get off your arse and start trying to smuggle heroin into the pokey. Go on, away you go. Prove how wrong we all are.

So because I've stated that smuggling will happen regardless of any deterrent put in place by the government, your argument against it is for me to go personally do it? Seems like you just want rid of me because you don't like to hear opinions that differ to your own. What a shame but not entirely unsuspected from these forums.

Peace out bros.

Fine by me.

So because I've stated that smuggling will happen regardless of any deterrent put in place by the government, your argument against it is for me to go personally do it? Seems like you just want rid of me because you don't like to hear opinions that differ to your own. What a shame but not entirely unsuspected from these forums.

Peace out bros.

It's hardly an argument against it now is it?

Your stance is that the sentence is harsh because it's so prevalent. Actually I think you'll find that just because you think it's so prevalent that doesn't mean it's somehow less of a crime. A fact you seem to be struggling to grasp.

So go and prove how prevalent it is by doing it yourself. And if you get caught you might then understand my point that no matter how many try to do it it's still a crime...

• Like 1

Smuggling drugs into the prison is really fucking stupid. The judge (or deemster or whatever) handing down sentences for anyone daft enough to do it should say in their summing up "I am extending the sentence from 2 years to 4 because of the incredible level of stupidity involved".

It's about as stupid as standing on the roundabout with the cannons on it outside the police station in Lord Street naked, apart from a sandwich board saying 'E's £3' and a big bag of E's.

• Like 3

Fine by me.

Peace out bros.

It's hardly an argument against it now is it?

Your stance is that the sentence is harsh because it's so prevalent. Actually I think you'll find that just because you think it's so prevalent that doesn't mean it's somehow less of a crime. A fact you seem to be struggling to grasp.

So go and prove how prevalent it is by doing it yourself. And if you get caught you might then understand my point that no matter how many try to do it it's still a crime...

No, my stance is the sentence is harsh because drugs should be regulated not prohibited because the demand will always exist. Ive simply said that using this guy as deterrent wont work because smuggling will always happen. A fact you seem to be struggling to grasp.

The whole thing is a wider issue of drug legalization. If you think locking up one guy who tried to smuggle some drugs into prison is a success then yes, you're all as naive as I said earlier.

Edited by 3allz

If the inmate is there for drugs offences the very best result of their incarceration would be to come out clean of a major factor, if not THE major factor, for the causes of a heck of a lot of crimes against the person.

Are you on something as your powers of reasoning seem to be somewhat on the weak side shall we say...?

To 3allz

It's clear that the sentence was deliberately done to put a point across to whoever may be reading or listening to the various media outlets, that anyone bringing drugs into the prison will be severely dealt with. There's no argument there as it's a clear message from the Deemster that anyone who does attempt to bring drugs into the prison from now on should take that view seriously and must also take responsibility for their actions.

Until the laws are changed, then regardless of yours or my thoughts and opinions, then nothing will change.

If you can convince the law writers that heroin is good and healthy for people, then you might have a chance, but does anyone really think that heroin should be lawful and for what reason?

If you're on heroin, I do hope that you are seeking help as its said on some internet forums, that heroin controls peoples lives and where stealing to pay for the habit becomes acceptable.

As for Lyons, it was probably done for a friend and the main point now is whether a friend is worth chancing 4 years 4 months in jail if they're caught?

@P.K.

Are you blind because your powers of reading something I've already said seems to be on the weak side shall we say...?

I've already stated that drug addiction is a health issue, not a criminal one. Clearly you think its a criminal one as you believe "the very best result of their incarceration would be to come out clean of a major factor, if not THE major factor". I believe anyone with an addiction issue should have help, not sent to a fucking prison. Herein lies our differences apparently and why this conversation is pointless

Edited by 3allz

3altz come on now you're losing it. There's half a thread here and you have made no impact at all. I have no issue with recreational drug use. I have used recreational drugs. I would happily use recreational drugs tomorrow. People who sell heroin are scum.

No impact at all? You mean ive made points and you're still ignoring them because you're point is "come on now, heroin is heroin and therefore anything associated with it must be bad". As i said, you're naive and this is pointless if your views are so bigoted. I use recreational drugs too and Im not that stupid that I immediately call anyone who uses one substance over another scum without even knowing the person or their issues. Seriously, you're being so fucking naive that its pointless even talking to you.

Yes, you have made no impact at all. I'm not naive. People who sell heroin are shitbags. They are the lowest of the low.

Edited by oldmanxfella