Lenghy sentence.

Paulos

People who sell heroin are shitbags. They are the lowest of the low. I'm not a bigot - they are total pond life. They make money off peoples addictions. Read William S Burroughs "Junkie" for any sense of perspective in relation to addiction. People who sell heroin are scum.

Yeah, low scummy pond life making money off peoples addictions! Although they are quite handy if you're after a bit of scag.

People who sell heroin are shitbags. They are the lowest of the low. I'm not a bigot - they are total pond life. They make money off peoples addictions. Read William S Burroughs "Junkie" for any sense of perspective in relation to addiction. People who sell heroin are scum.

Yeah, low scummy pond life making money off peoples addictions! Although they are quite handy if you're after a bit of scag.

I really dont see why this thread was started. The bloke who got done got for four years. Did anyone expect that someone supplying drugs in prison wasn't going to get screwed for less than that?

Edited by oldmanxfella

@finlo: point out some totally irrelevant spelling mistake whilst completely ignoring the topic. Don't bother posting at all if its nothing relevant.

And yawn oldmanxman, still calling people you don't even know scum.

And to that person asking about the deaths in south america, I'm not even wasting my time on that one. Illegality enhances the criminals and props up the black market. The war on drugs is creating more issues than the drugs themselves.

Edited by 3allz

What do they serve? About a third of the sentence isn't it? Provided you keep out of trouble inside. So about a year and a half. Sure doesn't seem excessive to me.

Agreed, not excessive at all. What about previous convictions? Is he a recidivist?

He's being made out to be some sort of victim by 3allz.

He is not.

What hasn't been said about the 'War on Drugs', on MF ..?

Drugs are high currency on the landings, that small amount (Gram and a half?) of smack could bring in much more, especially with some dubious cut to stretch it out a bit.

At least whilst inside he may get a bit of helpful rehab ...

• Like 2

To 3allz

I'm presuming that he's a good friend of yours and that you're taking aback by the length of sentence. Has he done prison before?

As you'll gather from the various posters on here, it would seem to be that if anyone who is caught bringing drugs into prison, then they'll receive whatever tariff the Deemster or the like gives out and I'm sure that if anyone else tries the same thing, then they'll also get stuffed.

The harshness of the sentence from Mr Lyons point of view will be something that his advocate will likely try to appeal but if drugs are regularly being smuggled into the prison as you suggested, then I'd think that there may be more harsh sentences still to come.

• Like 2

POSTED Fri 02-05-2008

Man charged with importing heroin by Manx Radio

A 20 year-old Douglas man has appeared in court, charged with importing heroin, and possessing it with intent to supply.

Anthony Lyons allegedly brought in a quantity of the Class A drug with a street value of £3,000.

He got four years for that, but still wasn't able to learn not to steal and supply drugs. Prison really should be about rehabilitation, but some people who continually refuse to abide by the fairly liberal rules of the land are better in prison and out of everyone's else's' lives.

ETA: I assume this is the same person... the age fits..

Edited by TurricanII
  • Like 2

And yawn oldmanxman, still calling people you don't even know scum.

Quite clearly from this thread I'm not the only one to think so. You simply have no support for your view. Anyone importing drugs into a prison is a complete retard. Especially if you've got a previous conviction for importing drugs into the IOM. In what way is the sentence unreasonable on the basis that it was a completely stupid thing to do? It's easy to call people bigots but I actually have a very liberal attitude to recreational drug use - but not when it comes to scumbag heroin suppliers.

POSTED Fri 02-05-2008
A 20 year-old Douglas man has appeared in court, charged with importing heroin, and possessing it with intent to supply.
Anthony Lyons allegedly brought in a quantity of the Class A drug with a street value of £3,000.
He got four years for that, but still wasn't able to learn not to steal and supply drugs. Prison really should be about rehabilitation, but some people who continually refuse to abide by the fairly liberal rules of the land are better in prison and out of everyone's else's' lives.

Its amazing what people do when they don't have a choice or feel like they don't have a choice, if he's a drug user he's probably dealing to feed his own habit or to repay what is most probably thousands of pounds worth of outstanding debt with his dealer, who in 4 years time will still be chasing payment.

POSTED Fri 02-05-2008

Its amazing what people do when they don't have a choice or feel like they don't have a choice, if he's a drug user he's probably dealing to feed his own habit or to repay what is most probably thousands of pounds worth of outstanding debt with his dealer, who in 4 years time will still be chasing payment.

Of course he had choices. He just made choices that lead to him stealing and selling drugs. Surely no-one in this age is unaware of the consequences of taking heroin.. Choices like taking heroin in the first place are his to make. He could have chosen to get a good job to pay for his habit. Today he can shop the dealer, move to the UK/elsewhere for a fresh start, and/or could even get a job and pay his debt without being thieving scum. His own defence said that he was not stupid, so he is choosing consciously to shit on others rather than take these other options.