Douglas East By-Election

Albert Tatlock

^ More than likely.

and some, if you don't mind me sayin', are as thick as fuck.

Ditto

Sorry to be so blunt, and possibly offensive in my post (I'm not so bright myself) but I have just heard Bill Malarkey speaking in Tynwald, talking about how we (ie the MHKs) are not educating people enough. Excuse me, but the last person I need to be educated by is an MHK such as a knuckle head like Bill.

That aside, Tynwald has an extremely high allocation of people displaying the Dunning-Kruger effect.

• Like 7

Thanks for that smile.png

"The study was inspired by the case of McArthur Wheeler, a man who robbed two banks after covering his face with lemon juice in the mistaken belief that, because lemon juice is usable as invisible ink, it would prevent his face from being recorded on surveillance cameras."

• Like 2

Hah hah,

Perhaps there should be an addition to the wiki:

A wonderful multiple example of the D-K effect can be seen in action on the Isle of Man each week in the House of Keys where the elected politicians meet, and also each month at a Tynwald sitting where they join in with some superb senior examples. These particularly average or below average men believe they are talking on an International political stage.

Edited by Wann
  • Like 2

^ More than likely.

Ditto

Sorry to be so blunt, and possibly offensive in my post (I'm not so bright myself) but I have just heard Bill Malarkey speaking in Tynwald, talking about how we (ie the MHKs) are not educating people enough. Excuse me, but the last person I need to be educated by is an MHK such as a knuckle head like Bill.

That aside, Tynwald has an extremely high allocation of people displaying the Dunning-Kruger effect.[/

It's not April Fools come early? Bill Malarkey is one of the least intelligent MHKs around. He would be positively dangerous with a brain. Some MHKs think they have brains but they haven't, whilst some have a brain but don't know how to use it.

• Like 4

^ More than likely.

Ditto

That aside, Tynwald has an extremely high allocation of people displaying the Dunning-Kruger effect.[/

It's not April Fools come early? Bill Malarkey is one of the least intelligent MHKs around. He would be positively dangerous with a brain. Some MHKs think they have brains but they haven't, whilst some have a brain but don't know how to use it.

Unfortunately, Bandwagon Bill could muster enough brain cells to slime his way back onto the gravy train, though.

• Like 1

^ More than likely.

Ditto

Unfortunately, Bandwagon Bill could muster enough brain cells to slime his way back onto the gravy train, though.

Unfortunately, Bandwagon Bill will probably be relected next year, unless the voters of Douglas South see sense. All that sucking up to the civil servants over parking will make the difference.

Edited by 2112

• 6 months later...

Has Jon Joughin retired? Not heard a peep from him in either the Keys or Tynpotwald. Would have thought you couldn't shut him up in the months leading to the general election. Mind you Robertshaw has been deadly silent too.

Interesting that IOM Newspapers are not allowing comments on this one

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/bankrupt-buster-to-face-his-creditors-in-court-1-7881963

So Buster is trying to avoid facing his creditors in court having lost in his fantasy legal action against Braddan Commissioners causing them to rack up £300,000 in legal fees to defend themselves,

Edited - this should probably be a new thread than Douglas East specific.

Or at least in the other Douglas East thread.