General Slowness / Unavailability

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well at least it's there today TSM which is a vast improvement. Thanks ans and whoever else has been putting in the work.

We've obviously been having issues over the last day. Some unexplained table locks resulted in a few server restarts last night and this morning.   We've also been having database connection issues

Yeah that will be because of the time syncs. Funny side effect, if you look at the online list at the bottom there are people online from the future

Straight after the migration for me.

According to my bambino I think* he thought that any 3g/4g access on MT was being blocked by MT !

*It was explained more technically than this but that was the gist of what I could understand before I fell asleep listening to the explanation!

My initial thought was that this was DNS somehow, but Android needs some hackery to change DNS settings on a celluar connection so I just hotspotted it to a laptop. Changed the DNS to Google but still no connection. Can resolve the correct IP address fine, but cannot ping or load the website. Looking further up the chain, you can't even reach the hosting company www.nfernohosting.com address.

So, the only conclusion that I can draw is that this is broken or blocked within the MT network. Whether that's an accident or deliberate I can't say, but despite what people may think of MT, a deliberate action like that isn't their style, not to mention the risk of some negative public feedback for censoring specific websites without notice. So I'd be inclined to think this is just something that's broken and it would seem at this point, there's nothing we can do to resolve it. The next step needs to be logging a fault with MT. Does anyone fancy doing that?

Given that they pay for banner advertising on the forum, it can't be a deliberate action as they'd want to see plenty of hits from all devices surely.

I'm not on a mobile device so I can't really help.

Confirmed. Also posting from MT 4G

We've changed nothing. Assume something was either rebooted or someone saw this thread and quietly fixed it. If so, thanks.