• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

* Jaw drops *   To be fair to him, I don't know how he could have handled the whole issue with more dignity

I've no interest in whether he's gay or straight, black or white, male or female. All this identity politics stuff really bores me and it's another thing that's been imported here from America. As his

Yep, what the fuck really happened at the MEA and the illegal loans when he was Treasury Minister. Not blaming him, although there is a political buck that needs to be stopped somewhere. He knows what

To be fair he could've de-closeted himself sooner. There'll be shock-horror and howls of, "He's not, is he?" Echoing around because a lot of locals still aren't wise to him being gay.

Still, fair play to you Al ...

Edited by quilp

Very true Wann. There are no surprises here.

I'd rather he told me how he is going to address things like PS/CS Pension bloat, holding people accountable for things like the MEA fiasco etc.

Telling me he is gay doesn't really matter. I dont think anyone cares and most are quite happy to judge him on his politics.

• Like 2

The stand-out part of the Guardian article for me was the sentence that referred to it having been an 'open secret' for years. I am glad that he is now able to be open about his sexuality, it's just a shame that up until now, it has been in the realm of secrets and rumour. But good on him, and it will help the image of our Island in the wider world. I still come across people in the UK who think that it is still illegal to be gay here, and that we still have the birch, for that matter.

• Like 1

I hope Allan's partner is included in official invites etc, just as any partner should be.

It would be wrong for Allan to be alone at an official function if other participants were allowed to bring their partners.

I wonder if he has ever received such an invite prior to now and felt able to accept it.

I hope he can, and does, from now on.

• Like 1

I hope Allan's partner is included in official invites etc, just as any partner should be.

It would be wrong for Allan to be alone at an official function if other participants were allowed to bring their partners.

I wonder if he has ever received such an invite prior to now and felt able to accept it.

I hope he can, and does, from now on.

As long as he behaves himself that is

• Like 3

i can't see any problems with that as long as he stays off the champagne.

• Like 1

I'd rather he told me how he is going to address things like PS/CS Pension bloat, holding people accountable for things like the MEA fiasco etc.

Telling me he is gay doesn't really matter. I dont think anyone cares and most are quite happy to judge him on his politics.

Yep, what the fuck really happened at the MEA and the illegal loans when he was Treasury Minister. Not blaming him, although there is a political buck that needs to be stopped somewhere. He knows what the fuck ups were and who the sneak, greedy, smug bastards were who manipulated the loans cash and allowing it to happen and covered it all up or whatever.

I suppose now he will be remembered as the first gay minister. Well actually I am not bothered one iota about that.

Bollocks to gay this and gay that, who cares? Why is this news?

Such as the £100millions of MEA debt and what the Government is going to do about it and what it means to the future of our Island, I am interested in.

Edited by Wann
  • Like 4

i can't see any problems with that as long as he stays off the champagne.

And doesn't accompany Allan to any event in the West Yorkshire moors.

• Like 1

Yep, what the fuck really happened at the MEA and the illegal loans when he was Treasury Minister. Not blaming him, although there is a political buck that needs to be stopped somewhere. He knows what the fuck ups were and who the sneak, greedy, smug bastards were who manipulated the loans cash and allowing it to happen and covered it all up or whatever.

I suppose now he will be remembered as the first gay minister. Well actually I am not bothered one iota about that.

Bollocks to gay this and gay that, who cares? Why is this news?

Such as the £100millions of MEA debt and what the Government is going to do about it and what it means to the future of our Island, I am interested in.

I remember them paying a HUGE prepayment fee on the Cable loan (45m loan from memory) that they had with HSBC to move it to Barclays (where the Chief Exec of the MEA was on the Barclays Board, ahem). It made no sense whatsoever.

It bothers me more that we wasted £1m plus on an enquiry to hold absolutely no one responsible. NO ONE! For creating a position that you and I and our children will be saddled with. It's jaw droppingly bad.

This DED farce is no better. Someone is blatantly guilty on a gross misconduct basis over this court issue/tender leaking and again, not one person appears to have been held responsible. That is a sacking and loss of pension rights all day long.

• Like 1