Lonan3

Amadeus

From FB:

Please find below a copy of the funeral notice that is to be posted in the local papers this week; the family would love to see you all there to say a fond farewell to Michael Culligan and would be grateful if you would please share or copy and paste this to your timeline to ensure as many of his friends as possible know about the funeral and celebration/memorial concert.

CULLIGAN, Michael, Thomas (Lonan3), Manx Poet and Writer, died suddenly on Monday 12th October, at home in Lonan, aged 67. Much loved and missed husband of Valerie and beloved father of Tracy, Michael-Edward, Kathryn, Jared, Samantha and Claire and dearly missed Grandfather. Brother to Peter, Thelma, George and Christine and uncle to many.

A Non-Religious Funeral service, in accordance with his wishes, to be held on Thursday, 29th October 2015, at 2.00pm, at the Lawn Cemetery Chapel, Douglas, followed by private cremation and time of reflection, for the immediate family.

Flowers may be sent, or donations in lieu of flowers, if so desired, may be sent to the RNLI, c/o Mrs Mary Corran, 4 Thirlmere Avenue, Lakeside Gardens. Onchan.

All enquiries please to Eric Faragher Ltd, Funeral Directors, 6 Main Road, Onchan, Tel: 673109 or 622897.

The family of Michael, invite anyone who knew and cared for him, to join them for an evening of celebration and remembrance of Michaels life and works, at Pulrose Methodist Hall on the same date (Thursday 29th October) from 7.30pm (doors will be open from 7.00pm).

They welcome you to share his poetry, stories, songs and perhaps some of your own memories or stories of his life, participating in what they hope will be a fun and entertaining evening that will be a real tribute to Michaels love of performing. A light supper will be provided but please feel free to bring your own drinks and refreshments if you wish.

Any enquiries regarding the celebration evening should be made via email to Lonan3@sky.com

In tribute to Michaels lifelong support of Luton Town FC, please wear something orange, even if only a small token, such as a ribbon or flower. R.I.P. Mike / Dad, forever our Mad Hatter!

Just asking to confirm what I thought but was Mike Currigan aka Lonan 3 "Mike the taxi driver" who hailed originally from Pulrose and who had a kiosk at the old "Funland" amusement arcade in Douglas (Castle Street) where he for a while sold bags of mini-donuts?...(1992-1993)

The Mike I knew and had many a chat with when I was working at the arcade gave up the do-nuts as they certainly brought in no dough and went a taxi driving and if it is the same man his wife (Second?) who I think was Val worked for a while at Age Concern?

Mike the "mini-do-nut man" did buy a house in Lonan back then and did sometimes refer to his various writings. He would tell me of raids from Pully over in to the Drinkwater Estate or "Drinky's" for nefarious purposes when a youngster.

If it was one and the same he gave his identity away on Manx Forums by referring to myself and one of the "Funland" staff the late Paul Tindale but then maybe this is just coincidence and I have supposed too much??

Just asking to confirm what I thought but was Mike Currigan aka Lonan 3 "Mike the taxi driver" who hailed originally from Pulrose and who had a kiosk at the old "Funland" amusement arcade in Douglas (Castle Street) where he for a while sold bags of mini-donuts?...(1992-1993)

The Mike I knew and had many a chat with when I was working at the arcade gave up the do-nuts as they certainly brought in no dough and went a taxi driving and if it is the same man his wife (Second?) who I think was Val worked for a while at Age Concern?

Mike the "mini-do-nut man" did buy a house in Lonan back then and did sometimes refer to his various writings. He would tell me of raids from Pully over in to the Drinkwater Estate or "Drinky's" for nefarious purposes when a youngster.

If it was one and the same he gave his identity away on Manx Forums by referring to myself and one of the "Funland" staff the late Paul Tindale but then maybe this is just coincidence and I have supposed too much??

Same fella

In the early days I remember a mod offered to change Lonan3 to 'Lonan' but he was happy with Lonan3 (which I assume was originally an allocation from an email generator or something but it may have other significance) and the name had its own individuality.

This has popped up in my diary today as a reminder that Lonan3's funeral is at 2pm today

I'd forgotten about it so I am bumping the thread in case anyone else has forgotten

• Like 2

And this evening at Pulrose Methodist Hall 7:30pm.

attachicon.gif20101023 IMC p15 Lonan3.jpg

I am off the Island but would have liked to attend to show my respects in the afternoon and a chat in the evening.

I'd have liked to go to both, especially the "do" in the hall at night, but was working and missed both. sad.png

Can anyone tell me how it went ( the evening bit, I mean)?

Edited to ask, did anybody record it?

Edited by dilligaf

• 5 years later...