Director of Environment and Regeneration

Moghrey Mie

Douglas Borough Council is a high performing, vibrant and forward-thinking local authority that is constantly seeking to improve, and is committed to maintaining its excellent reputation for delivering high standards of service delivery.

what a joke DC could'nt organize a pissup in a brewery,i hope this plonker they're looking for can fix the chewing gum machine,they operate on the same wavelength as the useless government we have.

• Like 3

Douglas Borough Council is a high performing, vibrant and forward-thinking local authority that is constantly seeking to improve, and is committed to maintaining its excellent reputation for delivering high standards of service delivery.

It sounds much better than: Douglas Borough Council is a mediocre, badly run, fiefdom, largely comprised of alcoholics and chancers that is committed to maintaining the jobs of Douglas Borough Councillors and council employees who consistently do very little of benefit for anyone but themselves. We have a reputation for delivering low standard services through either dodgy handshake contracts with our friends, or through overpaid employees who often couldn't spell the words service delivery.

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 8

It sounds much better than: Douglas Borough Council is a mediocre, badly run, fiefdom, largely comprised of alcoholics and chancers that is committed to maintaining the jobs of Douglas Borough Councillors and council employees who consistently do very little of benefit for anyone but themselves. We have a reputation for delivering low standard services through either dodgy handshake contracts with our friends, or through overpaid employees who often couldn't spell the words service delivery.

i could not put my frustrations as eloquently as yourself,BRAVO,they are also fucking plonkers Rodney.

What ever happened to that bubble-gum machine?

Didn't perform as advertised.

The recycling part was removed years back on account of it sucking the grout from between the paviours and continually blocking the filters.

I'm reliably informed that it's an unworkable embarrassment and the matter isn't raised.

The guy that purchased it (for £120k + vat in 2010) has accepted early retirement.

Left to rot up at Ballacottier.

TBT.

Actually, the £120,000 bubble gum machine was being used a couple of weeks ago in Strand Street on the new granite blocks, at night. When you consider the cost of an operative/s and also the back up for water supply, electricity etc. it becomes a mighty expensive machine.

For a £1000 a week I would easily go round every main street in Douglas with a scraper and a bottle of solvent stuff, and keep the place chuddy free.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43821-douglas-corpy-spends-l120000-on-chewing-gum-picky-uppy-machine/?p=593589