Workplace Heating

Terminal

What is it with people, man? In our office during the summertime when it's 20 degrees outside, the air con gets switched on so the office temperature goes down to about 10 degrees.

Today the outside temperature has dropped by 5 degrees to 15 so the heating gets switched on so the office is now about 35 degrees.

It's madness I tell ye.

Edited by Terminal
  • Like 4

The muppets here come in in the morning and it's a "bit chilly" so they stick the heating on. It's an air source heat pump system and, like pretty much every heating device since the 2 bar electric fire went out, is thermostatic. Set it at 21 degrees and it pumps out warm air until it reaches 21 degrees, at which point it just circulates. Seems sensible to me. I get this.

Unfortunately they sick it up to 28 degrees (max) as they seem to think it will warm up quicker. I can only imagine these are the same people who turn up the control on the toaster thinking it cooks quicker. I call this "toast theory".

• Like 4

The muppets here come in in the morning and it's a "bit chilly" so they stick the heating on. It's an air source heat pump system and, like pretty much every heating device since the 2 bar electric fire went out, is thermostatic. Set it at 21 degrees and it pumps out warm air until it reaches 21 degrees, at which point it just circulates. Seems sensible to me. I get this.

Unfortunately they sick it up to 28 degrees (max) as they seem to think it will warm up quicker. I can only imagine these are the same people who turn up the control on the toaster thinking it cooks quicker. I call this "toast theory".

Paging Mr. Fred Brooks to this thread...

Gov office?

Well done BB a new all time low for converting a thread into something involving the Gubmint.

That's taxpayers money they're wasting keeping warm! the leeching bastards!

Air Con Wars........ In a variety of my own workplaces since 2010! lol.

Must admit it's pretty cold in my office and it's a bit uncomfortable, however I'd rather put on layers than be too hot and feel sick! Last week the cold got too much for one guy and he put it upto 30 degrees, was just ridiculous!

• Like 1

They've put the heating on at my work, I wish they wouldn't bother :) It's not that cold and the radiators are dust cloud emitters, so I get eczema, running nose, blah blah blah.

I have seasonally interchangeable 'work outfits', these consist of long skirts and various cashmere jumpers - in the winter I can wear a skillet, vest and boots or in the summer I can wear sandals/courts and no vest. I was looking for a new skirt the other day, it's quite vexing, the shops in town have everything except the item I require (always) so I was less than impressed to find 'just the skirt' in a catalogue at my grandfathers house - Chums catalogue....WTAF? What happened to me?

I have seasonally interchangeable 'work outfits',

I get to choose between long sleeves and short sleeves.

Sometimes I throw an M&S jumper into the mix if I am feeling wild.

• Like 2

We need an information release from the government on how thermostats work.

Our car has pretty clever climate control which I leave set at 19. The site gets in on a cold morning and turns it upto max, then gets too hot and turns it down to min, and repeats.

In the summer she does the same but the other way round, and the same with the heating at home. Does my nut on but without stereotyping to much nearly every woman I have ever worked or lived with has done the same.

I have seasonally interchangeable 'work outfits',

I get to choose between long sleeves and short sleeves.

Sometimes I throw an M&S jumper into the mix if I am feeling wild.

You could wear shorts, they would look nice on you smile.png

apologies for edit and that, what it was right, I had mis-read the above post by trmpton and was being 'confused'. It's all ok now, I'm going back into the kitchen, where I belong.

Edited by thebees

We need an information release from the government on how thermostats work.

Our car has pretty clever climate control which I leave set at 19. The site gets in on a cold morning and turns it upto max,

Creative way of referring to one's beloved. Bravo.

Stupid phone. I guess "the sight" would have been worse though, although sometimes accurate in the mornings

• Like 1