Andouille Sausage

Hello

Has anyone found this delightful product for sale over here?

I don't recall ever seeing it in the main shops.

Thanks

I've found a version you can buy online for only £4.90

http://www.artimondo.co.uk/jar-of-typical-calabrian-spreadable-sausage-nduja-190-gr.html?gclid=CJ2Nh--b6sgCFQsTGwodfcAPxg

It's 'spreadable'....perhaps a unique new experience for a chap like yourself

I've found a version you can buy online for only £4.90

http://www.artimondo.co.uk/jar-of-typical-calabrian-spreadable-sausage-nduja-190-gr.html?gclid=CJ2Nh--b6sgCFQsTGwodfcAPxg

It's 'spreadable'....perhaps a unique new experience for a chap like yourself

I do like a good spread.... how intriguing

I've bought some a few times online, (although I thought it was called Nduja) from calabriataste.com and tasteofcalabria.com. They send it direct from Italy, there's so much paprika, chilli and other various spices in it that it preserves itself. You don't keep it in the fridge.

It's fantastic, there's loads of recipes for it and I often use dollops of it as little flavour bombs in loads of things. Stirred into scrambled eggs is amazing, it goes well with anything you'd put chorizo in being slightly similar in taste but a lot spicier.

Speaking of Chorizo, to my joy I found out the other day that it's perfectly acceptable (and actually encouraged in some parts of Spain and all of Latin America) to pronounce it Cho-ree-so. Cho-ree-tho always grates me. Cho-ree-zo is a no no though, apparently.

Hello

Has anyone found this delightful product for sale over here?

I don't recall ever seeing it in the main shops.

Thanks

I haven't seen it available here.

However I did order some in a Terrasson restaurant once and it arrived looking like an autopsy on a plate!. Gross.

21565.jpg

I haven't seen it available here.

However I did order some in a Terrasson restaurant once and it arrived looking like an autopsy on a plate!. Gross.

21565.jpg

I think you'll find that's Andouillette rather than Andouille. Not for the faint hearted but delicious. You have to appreciate French rural culture I suppose but it's an institution. I've had it at many a French barbecue. Washed down with copious quantities of the local red of course. Sweet.

Edited by ManxTaxPayer

Yes, it looked exactly like Andouillette but stated Andouille on the menu. I still have horrible memories of the sight of it.

I find it hard to believe that a restaurant would try to pass off Andouillette as Andouille. They might have been taking the piss out of the stupid tourists I suppose. Just for a laugh. You obviously sent it back ?