Douglas East By-election 2016

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great points Sultan. You can add to that our hilarious version of the House of Lords. A retirement home for failed politicians who would still quite like to receive substantial amounts of free money f

I agree with you here. Let's face it. We vote for independents and once inside they form a party (COMIN) with a block vote and a unified vision in terms of collective responsibility anyway. That is a

Lets see; it's copyright free and could be lifted from here! The fact is that currently we have a system that facilitates an elected dictatorship; where the single vision that is being delivered in Pa

Posted Images

Maybe that's the answer though, get rid and we won't need 'Allan's army' or 20k new workers.

I'd much rather we had a fair debate about the trade offs available between wealth and quality of life. I dread the prospect of another 20,000 people coming here. Especially if they are only coming here because IOMG needs them to pay off its salary and pension debts as that is putting their need for money ahead of other people's quality of life. The quality of life is bad enough here already without the infrastructure and housing needed to accommodate 20,000 more people.

• Like 5

I have a borderline semi-literate manifesto in the post from a Jon Joughin.

According to him, there's a lack of "creditability" to our government structure. He also thinks we should change the "electrol role" and believes the Castle Mona Hotel is a building with "historic providence".

I'd like to think that's a very witty but fictitious contribution. However the sinking feeling I'm now experiencing tells me otherwise. FFS - this half-wit considers himself suitable as a member of a "national" Parliament does he? Then again, he's probably just looked at Quirkio and thought "I could do that...gissa job".

• Like 2

I have a borderline semi-literate manifesto in the post from a Jon Joughin.

According to him, there's a lack of "creditability" to our government structure. He also thinks we should change the "electrol role" and believes the Castle Mona Hotel is a building with "historic providence".

I'd like to think that's a very witty but fictitious contribution. However the sinking feeling I'm now experiencing tells me otherwise. FFS - this half-wit considers himself suitable as a member of a "national" Parliament does he? Then again, he's probably just looked at Quirkio and thought "I could do that...gissa job".

He's exactly what we get in Tynwald time and time again though - a postman looking for a governwmnt job that pays more than a postman.

• Like 6

He is obviously the establishment candidate, toes the line, doesn't argue with the big boys and as thick as fuck.

Should be a shoe-in.

Well I for one effing hope not. Why can't they get clever people standing like we do in North Douglas?

Quick edit to add that John McBride should have stood in Douglas North.

Edited by dilligaf

Did anyone hear a reasoned explanation from Messrs Robertshaw & Quayle as to why they feel political parties have no role in Manx politics?

No Mr Robertshaw just went on about how the IOM government needed to be a 'single legal entity' and Mr Quayle uttered some platitudes from 'Politics for Dummies'.

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1

It's 20k new workers = possibly 60k people all told plus the infrastructure to accommodate them. Education, health, transport, shops, the list is endless

And good luck to 20,000 if they're walking through the same sort of wind and pissing rain at the airport that I walked through tonight. Makes you wonder why you'd want to come here and pay a relative fortune in indirect taxation to bail out our inepts until their cushioned retirements. Which is essentially what it is.

• Like 1

He is obviously the establishment candidate, toes the line, doesn't argue with the big boys and as thick as fuck.

Should be a shoe-in.

Well I for one effing hope not. Why can't they get clever people standing like we do in North Douglas?

Dilligaf, do your comments imply that you feel McBride won't succeed in D'las East? He seems to me (I don't live there) to be the best candidate.

Did anyone hear a reasoned explanation from Messrs Robertshaw & Quayle as to why they feel political parties have no role in Manx politics?

....and....Quayle uttered some platitudes from 'Politics for Dummies'.

No change there then...but only because no-one has yet published "Politics for Utter Fuckwits".

• Like 2

I got talking to a young guy once and he was deriding my work. I asked what he did, "Finance industry" he replied, "Oh what do you do exactly?" "I'm a data inputer", "Typist then, (in best Al Murray style)" , "No, I input data", getting irate now, "Onto a keyboard from a bit of paper?", "Yes" and a look of despair on his face.

As you can tell I've not a lot of time for the finance industry. Maybe that's the answer though, get rid and we won't need 'Allan's army' or 20k new workers.

Yep we should do away with the finance industry. We'll still have subsidised farmers and the tourist industry.

Unreal.

• Like 1

Should be a shoe-in.

Dilligaf, do your comments imply that you feel McBride won't succeed in D'las East? He seems to me (I don't live there) to be the best candidate.

Oh no, not at all.

Sorry.

That was just a badly written post from me. I think John McBride stands a great chance of getting in.

I just wish he had stood in Douglas North.