Distilled Water does not exist on this island.

Colm

I could be mistaken but after running about the island for the past week or so I still have not come across distilled water.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some? Have been emailing water companies in England but no one will give me a quote for the island :(

Its driving me insane!

I need 25L of it.

Distilled water is not the same as de-ionized unfortunately so BnQ, Motoworld/ every petrol station do not sell it.

Dilligaf you are my hero! I believe they use it to brew IPA so i think you might have saved the day. Will give them a call tomorrow

cheers

Know anyone with a dehumidifier? They collect a lot of water this time of year but 25 litres is at least a few weeks worth.

I have a dehumidifier but the water that comes from it has all sorts of metallic elements in it plus its sat open to the air for a good while. I just want someone to chuck a 25L sealed container of medical grade at me for a price.

EDIT - Same goes for rain water

Edited by Colm
  • Like 1

Dilligaf you are my hero! I believe they use it to brew IPA so i think you might have saved the day. Will give them a call tomorrow

cheers

I might have got the wrong end of the stick, but I'm not sure that's what Dilligaf meant.

I see your point but in a strange twist distilled water is used in some brewing processes. Although i think its used where local tap water is ass and i think our water is rather yummy.

..............sounds interesting. What do you want it for?

Its to cool a CO2 laser. Water having amazing thermal properties, The laser tube has Aluminium parts that come in contact with the coolant and then there is the coolant pump... I'm not sure what metals that has inside but I'm not taking any risks. Other than that it seems most of the coolants loop is plastic and rubber. Just need a large volume of distilled water and then we can get cutting... its been 3 weeks just looking at the damn machine and not getting a single chance to play with it yet. Being stuck on a island does cause a lot of problems for my hobdies :(

• Like 1

..............sounds interesting. What do you want it for?

Its to cool a CO2 laser. Water having amazing thermal properties, The laser tube has Aluminium parts that come in contact with the coolant and then there is the coolant pump... I'm not sure what metals that has inside but I'm not taking any risks. Other than that it seems most of the coolants loop is plastic and rubber. Just need a large volume of distilled water and then we can get cutting... its been 3 weeks just looking at the damn machine and not getting a single chance to play with it yet. Being stuck on a island does cause a lot of problems for my hobdies :(

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die"

• Like 5