Abortion

HeliX

I hope you all never have to suffer someone who is never going to get better.

Well Yes, I suspect that many of us have loved, nursed and lost people who were never going to survive. It's the cycle of life. Those who can, cope and care.

I wouldn't want to be your child. Imagine if they had an accident which damaged their capability of coping with life unaided in the future. What then, Tarne?

Tarne may not have chosen the most gentle of wording, but afaics, the Denmark thing checks out meaning he has a valid point and subject for this discussion. It doesn't of course mean that you have to agree with his opinion, but as medicine advances, I suspect people will be given more and more choices and ways to have the perfect 'designer baby'. If you use those options or let nature take its course is your choice.

Tarne may not have chosen the most gentle of wording, but afaics, the Denmark thing checks out meaning he has a valid point and subject for this discussion. It doesn't of course mean that you have to agree with his opinion, but as medicine advances, I suspect people will be given more and more choices and ways to have the perfect 'designer baby'. If you use those options or let nature take its course is your choice.

I have to wonder why you are a "moderator", when I have yet to see you do anything about vile posts like "Tarne's", even saying he has a valid point.

So you think he didn't "choose the most gentle of wording" ? What was moderate in that post ?

• Like 3

Uh, people aren't condemning the use of Denmark as an example of something. People are condemning the use of disgusting, offensive words like ""spaztard Down". Why would you write something like that? And now backtrack by pretending you were speaking out of concern for them suffering? Sorry, but the two things don't line up. Someone who really cares about these people would not refer to them as ""spaztard Downs".

• Like 6

I think you're all getting a bit too emotive here. All Tarne said (a bit badly) was something about laws in Denmark (or whatever) banning downs, he/she hasn't actually gone and killed someone with Downs.

Please don't defend that rubbish. That post is insulting to hundreds of people with Downs children or relatives.( even those who don't)

• Like 5