Big, big thanks to all Emergency services and volunteers who helped during this appalling weather. Have to say how disgusted I was ( but not surprised ) to here about the behavior of some drivers during the worst of the conditions, showing total disregard for the guys working on the roads trying to help everyone, there aren't really any words to describe these drivers attitude. If any of them can be identified, they should be charged with dangerous driving and have their licenses taken of them. They are not fit to be on the roads

They were all Manx

• Like 2
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The flooding that I've seen this afternoon/evening is the worst I've ever seen, areas wise. Parliament Square in Ramsey at least partly closed to traffic with barriers and under about a foot of water.

The DOI rebuilt Peel Road, it floods. They rebuilt the roundabout past B&Q, it now floods, fine style. They rebuilt Brandish corner and the water runs straight across it (nice black ice risk there

Just pray you don't need to get to Noble's in a hurry . You won't be laughing then.

Posted Images

In Tesco's car park the water level was still up to the waistline height on many of the stranded cars at 10.30 tonight.

I think a lot of people who parked up in Tescos this morning and walked to Work in town had a nasty shock on returning to collect their cars tonight.

Big, big thanks to all Emergency services and volunteers who helped during this appalling weather. Have to say how disgusted I was ( but not surprised ) to here about the behavior of some drivers during the worst of the conditions, showing total disregard for the guys working on the roads trying to help everyone, there aren't really any words to describe these drivers attitude. If any of them can be identified, they should be charged with dangerous driving and have their licenses taken of them. They are not fit to be on the roads

They were all Manx

Christ, you could even see their passports ?

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the DOI cope over the next few months with their reduced labour force if this sort of weather continues. Sorting out collapsed bridges and walls as well as their other ongoing workload. Nothing's going to get done quickly...?

Fixing up temporary bridges after flooding is normally a job for the Army isn't it? And then a few years later something new gets built.

It will be interesting to see how the DOI cope over the next few months with their reduced labour force if this sort of weather continues. Sorting out collapsed bridges and walls as well as their other ongoing workload. Nothing's going to get done quickly...?

Fixing up temporary bridges after flooding is normally a job for the Army isn't it? And then a few years later something new gets built.

one of Mr. Bailey's jobs would do fine !

• Like 1

I heard Noah's bakehouse ended up on top of Snaefell.

Nope, but apparently they're only allowing mating pairs in today. Not enough sourdough for elephants. Will nobody think of the elephants?

Well, we've got an army of civil servants. Time to roll their sleeves up, maybe.....?