Looks like an absolute clusterfuck looming. It's pretty much neck-and-neck.

The Senate race is very close too although the networks aren't reporting on those races as much. It's crucial for the democrats to win a majority in the Senate regardless of who wins the presidency if the House (safe dem majority)  wants to pass any legislation. McConnell has been blocking over 400 bills passed by the House over the past two years. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have said from the start, i'm going to reserve judgement until trump makes his stance clear on the horse tram situation

It's not a mental disorder, it's a personality disorder. It's not treatable. If you'd like to learn more about him as a person and how he thinks, acts and why, you could look up his niece, Mary T

Posted Images

I wonder if spending the last 4 (and longer) years polarising and radicalising individuals on both sides of the political spectrum and then having an election where the margins are fractions of a percent is perhaps a bad thing.

I feel quite sad today. I didn’t expect to, because being the eternal optimist, I thought the people would finally see through his tactics. 

Stockholm Syndrome is a bitch though - I should have known better. 

• Like 1
Just now, Roxanne said:

I feel quite sad today. I didn’t expect to, because being the eternal optimist, I thought the people would finally see through his tactics. 

Stockholm Syndrome is a bitch though - I should have known better. 

I think it's worse than that. I think the majority of America sees Trump exactly as he is. Depressingly, about 50% of them like what they see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I wonder if spending the last 4 (and longer) years polarising and radicalising individuals on both sides of the political spectrum and then having an election where the margins are fractions of a percent is perhaps a bad thing.

What’s the alternative though, is there one? 

Just now, HeliX said:

I think it's worse than that. I think the majority of America sees Trump exactly as he is. Depressingly, about 50% of them like what they see.

Jeez, I never actually considered that, I really didn’t but you’re right, they love him because he hates all the people that they do. 

I’m going to have to have a lie down. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Less intentional division by politicians and the media, and less "accidental" division by social media algorithms.

That’s a wonderful idea but in practice I think we’re way beyond that. They already have a vested interest in creating that very division. 

• Like 2
Just now, Roxanne said:

That’s a wonderful idea but in practice I think we’re way beyond that. They already have a vested interest in creating that very division. 

They sure do - a monetary interest at that. As is usual, pursuit of profit poisons everything. Until people put responsibility on social media platforms to behave, well, responsibly, we're going to continue down this road.

Which is quite frightening really. I can't remember a time in my life where left and right were further apart and further enraged than they are now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump's just tweeted - "Last night I was leading, often solidly, in many key States, in almost all instances Democrat run & controlled. Then, one by one, they started to magically disappear as surprise ballot dumps were counted. VERY STRANGE, and the “pollsters” got it completely & historically wrong!"

Frightening.

53 minutes ago, Declan said:

Trump's just tweeted - "Last night I was leading, often solidly, in many key States, in almost all instances Democrat run & controlled. Then, one by one, they started to magically disappear as surprise ballot dumps were counted. VERY STRANGE, and the “pollsters” got it completely & historically wrong!"

Frightening.

Twitter has removed the ability to respond to this tweet - and two others he's made since 5:45am (our time) today. To see it, you have to click on a "view" button that says "Some of all of the content shared in this tweet is disputed and might be misleading about how to participate in an election or another civic process."

The man has no shame. He's an embarrassment for the entire human race.