Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
glug

Legal Action Possible Says Minister

From Manx Radio

Legal action possible over goldfish

The Tourism and Leisure Minister says legal action is a possibility, after fair-goers on Douglas promenade were awarded goldfish as prizes.

David Cretney says after the MSPCA seized the fish he was informed the Island's Chief Veterinary Officer had decided they should be destroyed due the risk of TB.

Mr Cretney says he would be fully behind any action the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry may decide to take against the fairground proprietors:

Forget the islands other problems, this is huge! D'you think that the national press will get wind of this one too?

Edited by glug

My daughter was given a goldfish as a prize. The next day she was in the back garden filling in a hole when the next door neighbour looked over the fence.

Interested in what she was doing, he asked her what she was up to.

"My goldfish died," she replied tearfully, without looking up, "and I've just buried him."

The next door neighbour looked very concerned, "That's an awfully big hole for a goldfish, isn't it?"

My daughter patted down the last heap of earth then replied, "That's because he's inside your f*****g cat!"

Stav.

Once again amazed by the quick comment :D

I can already see the headline:

"Fishing for Prizes" - "Finding Nemo, on a funfair near you.."

I'm sure this will be the story of the week for UK newspapers :rolleyes:

They were also allowed to have kids as young as about 7 or eight working on the stalls which must be against H&S regulations

is it just a rumour or were they also allowed to pick any bike they wanted to hide in the back of the wagons. And couirt your young daughters.

i dont think we need that funfair anyway and it just makes a noise and stops the motobikers sleeping

makes a noise and stops the motobikers sleeping

not just the bikers...

One of the rides this year (sadly directly opposite my house) was insanely loud. I think it took about 3 hours before the police had a ... loud.. word with them. It was so loud you couldn't hear any of the other rides, or any of the traffic going past.

However, the thing that drives me crazy is when they come to pack up. They run the rides till about midnight, then go and eat or something, then come back to start dismantling it at 1am. They did the exact same thing last year too :(

Perhaps it should go on the central prom since, according to Mupster, no one can sleep for the car alarms going off all night anyway! ;)

They were also allowed to have kids as young as about 7 or eight working on the stalls which must be against H&S regulations

To see if this is true, count the fingers on each hand. If i'ts six, they're family and so would be allowed to just help out.

To see if this is true, count the fingers on each hand. If i'ts six, they're family and so would be allowed to just help out.

No they are not, they are taking money of punters who are having a gable and also without supervision.

No they are not, they are taking money of punters who are having a gable and also without supervision.

I think that one went right over your head FCMR, good post sarahc

heh, that was pretty goooood! bet the whole lot's a H&S nightmare really but keep it in the family eh