Goodbye - again

manxie44

I like dilligaf's contributions and Gee Cee's and would miss both of them if they do stop posting. The problem isn't sock puppets exactly, it's certain abusive and vulgar (in an unfunny way) posters in general. There are people on here who have sock puppets who do not engage in abusive behaviour and have them for other reasons like generally joking around so let's not paint everyone with the same bush. The problem is not sock puppets, it's abusive posters.

Good luck Dilli, keep posting if you want to post, have a break if you want a break, find a different use of your time if that's what you think is best.

This place has its cycles and ups and downs. It can be grossly offensive, but also funny and informative and sometimes all three at once.

You've got to roll with life and not get too offended, but also it can be for the best to keep away from things you think are beyond the pale.

Sometimes things are said on MF which are beyond the pale - I think it is right to mark things when they are unacceptable, but then not get drawn into all the personal name calling.

Straight bat and all that.

Go well. I'll miss ya, if that's your choice, but do what you think is best.

• Like 2

I am not much more than a lurker on this forum, and use it to get a different slant on local issues.

When the posters are not being serious, they can be quite funny (sometimes unintentionally!)

Some contributors, however, cannot resist being grossly offensive. If I'm generous, this may be down to ignorance, but ignorance is not an excuse. You find people like that on all forms of social media, and it affects a lot of the recipients.

People who use sock puppets to help pile on their abuse are about as much use as a dog turd on the sole of a shoe. Their (multiple) identities become fairly obvious, and it is no great deal to ignore everything that they say.

It is a shame that people like that can succeed in spoiling things for some of the more sensible contributors to such an extent that those people no longer wish to participate at all. Everyone will have differences of opinion from time to time, but this is much more serious than a genuine disagreement. The moderators may be just a little lax at times.

The way i see it, dilli was wrong in the thread with gary potter but more through ignorance, whereas tarne read that thread and then worded his abortion thread muses in a way he knew would be offensive, to get a reaction. bearing in mind dilli's ignorance in the earlier thread he maybe should have been a little more reticent whenst admonishing the unemployed advert buying internet entrepreneur. He was pulled up for his earlier ignorance and didn't like it, so flounced. Dilli is alright, a harmless enough cretin

• Like 2

Get over it you big girls blouse.

It's a shame you have such appalling views on people with learning difficulties and that it had to be pointed out to you following your mock outrage at Tarnes posts.

Oh, and I said you were being a two-face twat because you were being a two-faced twat. I didn't use any of the other words you mention above in order to mine sympathy for your pathetic flounce.

I'm sure this forum will (not) miss your valuable contributions.

Bit unfair, I think the problem was the words used .

Hang on I'm not having that as Dilligafs original post made me so angry I left for months. He has a go at Tarne for referring to people with Downs Syndrome as "downers" and his views on abortion, and yet aggressively had me for having a go at his use and support of the word "Mong" in the same circumstances and that was after I said that I had family exposure to a child with learning difficulties. I'm not having it. It was bloody offensive and he can't have it both ways. His support of the word "Mong" I found to be totally offensive - but that's ok when he told me to piss off. But then he rips into Tarne for referring to "downers". He's a hypocrite.