Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Declan

MLC Arrested for Drink Driving

The original posted of that thread edited their opening post and their own replies to a single smiley a few hours later, which made the whole thread completely nonsensical and as nobody had quoted it, it was just dead air.

I've restored it so you can see for yourself seeing as you're all being giant crybabies about it. Feel free to post another topic on the subject if you like.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60017-recruitment-at-nobles-hospital/

This mod thing goes to your head sometimes Ans. I don't see anybody being a 'crybaby' here. Hillshepherd's quoting went to pot, I was referring to his editing of that post (trying to be funny - nothing to do with the Noble's thread) and Y&Y thought I'd threadjacked - as my own quoting seemed to go tits up also. Perhaps you could re-read threads before going off all arsey about things.

[Expecting Ban!]

• Like 1

It's a serious, wilfully criminal offence. There is no mitigation. He should resign or be sacked if found guilty.

Collective responsibility. The bloody lot of them should resign.

• Like 4

Perhaps you could re-read threads before going off all arsey about things.

I read as far as the bit where we're accused of being government moderators cacking themselves. Was there something later that apologised and retracted that? If so, my bad!

• Like 1

The original posted of that thread edited their opening post and their own replies to a single smiley a few hours later, which made the whole thread completely nonsensical and as nobody had quoted it, it was just dead air.

I've restored it so you can see for yourself seeing as you're all being giant crybabies about it. Feel free to post another topic on the subject if you like.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60017-recruitment-at-nobles-hospital/

This mod thing goes to your head sometimes Ans. I don't see anybody being a 'crybaby' here. Hillshepherd's quoting went to pot, I was referring to his editing of that post (trying to be funny - nothing to do with the Noble's thread) and Y&Y thought I'd threadjacked - as my own quoting seemed to go tits up also. Perhaps you could re-read threads before going off all arsey about things.

[Expecting Ban!]

I think it was reference to posts 444 - 450.

It is a recurring trend when a thread vanishes to blame some Gov. cover up or some great fear of legal action, when often it is the OPs that are the problem.

It was clearly a stupid thread started by a stupid person.

• Like 1

£3.25 and a bag of chips, says he will not give up his seat or be asked to. These people are seriously thick skinned, megalomaniacs, as if any one of them would step down.

I don't believe the offence falls into the category of ones where it is mandatory that you leave as an MLC.

That aside, if you were caught drink driving, would you resign from your job?

Some would be up on a disciplinary.

• Like 2

I read as far as the bit where we're accused of being government moderators cacking themselves. Was there something later that apologised and retracted that? If so, my bad!

I see now that you were referring to something about 20 posts before your own. Apologies that I didn't spot that - I assumed that you might use the quote function if not referring directly to the last post(s) in the thread.

However, who's the biggest crybaby - a poster for alleging the mods are run by the government, or a mod for getting all arsey when accused of being a government flunkey?

£3.25 and a bag of chips, says he will not give up his seat or be asked to. These people are seriously thick skinned, megalomaniacs, as if any one of them would step down.

I don't believe the offence falls into the category of ones where it is mandatory that you leave as an MLC.

Some would be up on a disciplinary.

Some also have the grace to offer their resignation, like Juan W. Luckily it was not accepted.

I think TW has the balls to do the same, but this time, because of the nature of the offense, it should be accepted.

If not, then yes, he should be emptied pronto.

• Like 1

>...if you were caught drink driving, would you resign from your job?

Do serving police officers have to leave if they're caught breaking the law?
The guy up in Andreas left a while back, and if I'm not mistaken, was eventually re-instated.
So if PC Plod has to leave, why not a serving MLC?
Plus, the bus driver got a spell in the next cell to Buster a few years ago.
TBT.
edit: sp.
Edited by The Border Terrier

The guy up in Andreas left a while back, and if I'm not mistaken, was eventually re-instated.
TBT.

You sure about that?

I don't think he did, nor should he have done, unless we are talking about 2 different drivers.

The only one I can think of was before busters bubble burst.

TBT.

You sure about that?

I don't think he did, nor should he have done, unless we are talking about 2 different drivers.

Are we talking coppers or bus drivers here?

TBT.

You sure about that?

Sorry finlo, I was responding to the bus driver comment.

I see now that you were referring to something about 20 posts before your own.

• Like 1

TBT.

You sure about that?

The bus driver did about six weeks in Jurby and kicked off on the Mannin Line about having to do jail time.

http://www.isleofman.com/News/details/49121/bus-drink-driver-jailed

The copper up at Andreas got caught drink driving and was required to resign from the force, subsequently reinstated on appeal.

One wonders how many motorists he booked for DD over the years?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/drink-drive-policeman-is-reinstated-1-1772041

TBT.