Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

Entrepreneur Dies

So...what songs would we suggest for the funeral?

Do You Know The Way To Sue José?

Hit Me With Your Libel Writ by Ian Jury

In fact PK, 'Dud' was talking about Mike Kerruish, who was then first deemster and presided over Roly cases. Dud was given the job of trailing (or whatever a private eye does) Roly, although apparently he was unaware of who the ultimate client was and why.

He told me about his role in all of this but I was unaware he had been taken on by a third party - presumably...

I once had a friend called Torry, a very sweet and lovely gentleman, he died in 1986 sad.png

Torry Loon, I have no idea what you're on about but save your time, don't explain, I'm not interested.

It's ok. I already know you are not interested from what you have said. I am surprised though.

Martin Niemöller knew the score on these occasions.

So...what songs would we suggest for the funeral?

"Good Morning Judge" (10CC)

Whhhhhoooooaaaa neddy, Deemster Doyle is as straight as they come, properly decent man and he's fair. He's a law robot, it's his job. Maybe you're talking about a different Deemster Doyle?

Sorry Mrs Bees, just seen this.

In fact Dud referred to them as "Mike" so I guess it could be either of them. Possibly a wrong assumption on my part.

Either way I still wasn't convinced though...

Moyle, Doyle, both really decent people. They're only doing their job, again, I'm happy to be a bookkeeper, nothing I do is in the least bit contrary to my want, lawyer types must have a dreadful time.

It depends what you deem as dreadful.

Quick thread derail, but Dean Martin what a classic, looking proper pished in that one...

Excellent!

See that walk at the beginning, that's my walk when I'm going back to work after a Friday lunchtime snifter in the pub.

And the cut just after he tries to sit on the stool, I bet he fell off it at first.

And the ciggie. That is so Shane Macgowan.

And I do this walk sometimes, complete with ciggie in hand, if it has been a particularly good Friday (usually end of the month) but I think the folk looking out the office windows sometimes suppose I've had a liquid lunch:

Edited by Torry loon
  • Like 1