Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
doc.fixit

........urge to vote?

We are being exhorted to vote in both local and govt. elections so I am a little surprised that there is not more publicity by the people seeking election.

We moved area into our current abode 'cos we are getting older and needed to downsize but even after 18 months I still have no idea who our MHK is nor who our commissioners are. No, I haven't bothered to find out because I believe that their deeds, help, prominence in the community and desire to be re-elected should be reflected in their reputation in that community.

I find it odd that I should have to discover for myself who represents and speaks for me and even odder that that person has no knowledge whatsoever about my needs, wants or views.

Yes, I still have the urge.........................to vote of course.w00t.gif

• Like 1

they don't need to know until they need you to vote

also I suspect they are inundated by other people telling them what they want every day

The electoral registration forms being sent out now '' now requires the addressee to complete and return this form by 1st Feb '16''. Fines up to £1k.

A well intentioned attempt to get the register up to date before local and general elections. Should give everyone in the house a chance to vote even if 'Dad' can't be arsed?

PS. You can put an 'X' in the first column if you don't want the TV licensing people to catch you!!!

Edited by Kopek

MHKs and local councillors should have 'surgeries' at least once a month.

.........and they should be well publicised.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Aesop

No man should be in public office who can't make more money in private life. Thomas Dewey

I have yet to meet a candidate I'd vote for.

I got this envelope in the post today. It went straight onto the tower of Manx Motor Marts, Manx Life magazines, and TV license threats which I have the best intentions of recycling some day, but will most probably throw in the wheelie bin when it eventually topples.

• Like 3

MHKs and local councillors should have 'surgeries' at least once a month.

Yes ugly fuckers most of them. But to be fair there's more than enough fake tits in Keys already without insisting on monthly surgery.

The electoral registration forms being sent out now '' now requires the addressee to complete and return this form by 1st Feb '16''. Fines up to £1k.

A well intentioned attempt to get the register up to date before local and general elections. Should give everyone in the house a chance to vote even if 'Dad' can't be arsed?

PS. You can put an 'X' in the first column if you don't want the TV licensing people to catch you!!!

I would like to see the candidates fined for not coming round to see a minimum percentage of the public they're supposed to be representing.

Edited by manxy
  • Like 1

I got this envelope in the post today. It went straight onto the tower of Manx Motor Marts, Manx Life magazines, and TV license threats which I have the best intentions of recycling some day, but will most probably throw in the wheelie bin when it eventually topples.

Do you have other people in your house whom you are denying the opportunity to vote?

Little wonder they are making it mandatory to, at least, return the form.

Isn't the legal requirement aspect only relative to registering for jury service? I can't see how they can legally force anyone to register to vote for their undemocratic comedy

• Like 2

See they've sent us this form, addressed 'to the occupier' despite the fact that we live in one of their properties. Odd.