Bus driver wins employment tribunal

Amadeus

I'd be surprised if it's much over 40k.

How much do you think BV would have paid for the confidentiality clause?

And is it best use of BV resources to include one?

I mean it's common knowledge at Banks Circus (no pun intended) that the management are incompetent; as the transcript for the tribunal illustrates.

TBT.

https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/registries/tribunal/et1517.pdf

The confidentiality clause will have cost nothing. It's pretty valueless.

I'd be surprised if he waddled away with much over 40k given he chose to not return to work.

His basic is what? 30k?

I'd be surprised if it's much over 40k.

How much do you think BV would have paid for the confidentiality clause?

And is it best use of BV resources to include one?

I mean it's common knowledge at Banks Circus (no pun intended) that the management are incompetent; as the transcript for the tribunal illustrates.

TBT.

https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/registries/tribunal/et1517.pdf

Thanks for the link but I gave up after about 8 pages of childish bullshit. The whole thing runs to 26 pages of ner, ner, nah, nah, nah by forty year old men who seem to think they are still at school. Actually I don't blame the guy for wanting a payout as who would want to return to work and re commence having to interact with pricks like that on a daily basis?

> The whole thing runs to 26 pages of ner, ner, nah, nah, nah by forty year old men who seem to think they are still at school.

Correct.

It's all about who went on strike and who supported the management.

Hence why the two disciplinaries were rigged by Longworth and Grimshaw. That's why they requested (in the blue corner) the acting attourney general, who defended them at the tribunal.

However, the tribunal Chairman exposed the scam and found for the driver who was supported (in the red corner) by the Unite union.

That's why there's an expensive confidentiality clause requested by BV.

Driver is compensated, management hush up the obvious.

Only the taxpayer loses.

TBT.

• Like 8

Only the taxpayer loses.

I disagree as I think most people lost in this case.

Longworth and Grimshaw look like complete dicks. The judgement and behaviour of most of the management documented in that report certainly raises questions about the culture and skills set within Bus Vannin.

The acting AG ends up supporting a claim that gets its ass kicked out by a lowly employment tribunal.

The other driver gets to keep his job but there's 26 page document in the public domain that makes him look like a complete knob end.

Only the driver who brought the claim ends up with something - a few quid and the privilege of not having to go back to play in the reception class with a bunch of people who sound educationally subnormal.

• Like 8

Only the taxpayer loses.

Longworth and Grimshaw look like complete dicks. The judgement and behaviour of most of the management documented in that report certainly raises questions about the culture and skills set within Bus Vannin.

It's no worse than the cancer woman tribunal. They all just act as lasting evidence to the continual clown show that is the IOM public sector that seems happy to piss away millions paid into the system by us on their petty squabbles and basic over paid incompetence to deliver next to nothing for twice the cost it would take to put a private company in to do it all at least semi competently.

• Like 3

Only the taxpayer loses.

It's no worse than the cancer woman tribunal. They all just act as lasting evidence to the continual clown show that is the IOM public sector that seems happy to piss away millions paid into the system by us on their petty squabbles and basic over paid incompetence to deliver next to nothing for twice the cost it would take to put a private company in to do it all at least semi competently.

That ranks as a generous tribute compared to what I think of them.

[...] They all just act as lasting evidence to the continual clown show that is the IOM public sector that seems happy to piss away millions paid into the system by us on their petty squabbles and basic over paid incompetence to deliver next to nothing for twice the cost it would take to put a private company in to do it all at least semi competently.

That's probably a bit naive. Remember that people such as Longworth have actually been imported from the private sector and practices such as gagging clauses come from there as well. (I actually think that they should be banned in public sector, except in rare cases to protect vulnerable third parties).

Privatisation often tends to retain all the previous bad practices while adding lots of new ones of its own, plus extra secrecy (our old friend 'commercial confidentiality'). And if the privatised services still require public subsidy (and that's usually why they were in the public sector in the first place) there are all sort of overheads that have to be added on the costs of running something - not just the profits a private company requires, but all the expensive monitoring and contractual stuff that both sides then have to carry out. You need to make a lot of genuine savings to cover that, especially in a small place like the Island because fixed costs will be a higher proportion of your outgoings.

• Like 2

The Corpy have finished with the horse tramways and aim to clear their books by late July '16, saving Douglas ratepayers £250k/annum in the process.

Tramways staff are on notice and offers for livestock, rolling stock and buildings are all up for grabs.

Longworth is now in negotiations to take over the HT via a Trust.

So, confidentiality permitting, let's see how this pans out.

TBT.

this will go down as the battle pf the bulge.. scaffe seems to be trying to resolve it and has a good record preston has a coulorfull background in his last 2 jobs sacked and or resigned

Preston was a liability in his last job, inappropriate behaviour and he thought he was above the law

I've heard a few horror stories too !! ohmy.png

Really Stuart deserves a whole thread of his own, if the blackshirts start back up he would be first in line.

This could be fun !! He was an embarrassment to the force

The Corpy have finished with the horse tramways and aim to clear their books by late July '16, saving Douglas ratepayers £250k/annum in the process.

Tramways staff are on notice and offers for livestock, rolling stock and buildings are all up for grabs.

Longworth is now in negotiations to take over the HT via a Trust.

So, confidentiality permitting, let's see how this pans out.

TBT.

Good news. The Horse Trams will henceforth cost £750k per. year to run, will require two more Green Diesels in case of breakdowns - oh, and we'll be having a Dining Tram Experience. This will be hailed as a great success from day 2 of operation - with Longworth as its saviour.

So, all positive there then !

• Like 4

this will go down as the battle pf the bulge.. scaffe seems to be trying to resolve it and has a good record preston has a coulorfull background in his last 2 jobs sacked and or resigned

Preston was a liability in his last job, inappropriate behaviour and he thought he was above the law

I've heard a few horror stories too !! :o

Really Stuart deserves a whole thread of his own, if the blackshirts start back up he would be first in line.

This could be fun !! He was an embarrassment to the force

This guy is a plonker and a power mad megalomaniac,i cannot believe the jobs this guy has bullshitted his way into,but beware guys he is fucking dangerous and should be avoided.

Edited by hillshepherd
  • Like 3