Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Internet Hard Man

Potential Wireless Health Effects

There's currently a planning application to put a new phone mast up in Hillberry so I googled about the health effects of phone masts to see if I should be concerned. I found this interesting article which is about phone masts, mobile phones, wi-fi and stuff like that.

Scientific Research on Wireless Health Effects

http://www.emfwise.com/science_details.php

There's another article here saying there's no evidence of harm to our health

http://psychcentral.com/lib/is-anxiety-over-cell-phone-towers-justified/

I don't know what to think as both sides have good arguments. What do people like Chinahand here think?

If you own a mobile phone then it's the phone that's planted right on your head that is going to do any damage not the mast it is transmitting to and from.

You will find tons of conflicting views on health effects.

Probably loads of videos on youtube about the dangers of mobile phone masts. Probably about as many as there are on flat earth theory.

Years ago the worry was living next to electricity pylons. No evidence of harm has been forthcoming, despite them being around for years. People now worry about WiFi, but this is much lower power, and the frequencies of the waves are non-ionising.

Lots more dangerous things in life to worry about.

Everyone is going to die, all at the same time when these phone transmitters pump up the volume and make everyones heads pop.

• Like 1

I remember people worrying about microwave ovens. The truth is the health effects of mobile phone masts & wifi are probably non existent, but even if they did kill you stone dead it's highly unlikely anything would be done about it because a lot of people make an awful lot of money out of them, so you're wasting your time worrying & worrying is undoubtedly bad for your health, so don't worry

• Like 1

Got to die of something.

I really enjoy themed sock puppet accounts, as long as they stay on message. As soon as they start discussing conspiracy theories and the like I wonder why they don't just create a normal account called Thomas Jefferson mk87 and be done with it.

• Like 2

Didn't the GPs in Onchan threaten to leave the village walk a few years ago over a phone mast being put on top of them? It got put there and they didn't leave. Didn't one of them write a letter in the paper...

Yeah, your phone pressed up against your head is going to expose you to massively higher RF energy than a cellular beacon. But hey, that's OK because it's your smartphone and you ain't going to stop using it because of that.

The whole RF energy from phones things seems to have gone very quiet since the media milked it for all it was worth with its scaremongering backed by dubious science. Much like the dubious science you will find on sites with typical names like www.radiodeathkillerwavesburnweebabies.com

I think the only thing that will really determine their safeness is time. And they've been around for a while now.

I think a bigger health issue is lying awake at 4am browsing Facebook instead of sleeping.

I'm OK - I wear a tinfoil hat - this protects me.

I'm OK - I wear a tinfoil hat - this protects me.

Do you wear it with the shiny side out or the shiny side in...? Does it make a difference?

That's a silly question everyone knows a real tinfoil hat is shiny both sides. Shiny outside to protect them beaming thoughts into your head, and shiny inside to stop them stealing the thoughts you have.

• Like 2