Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ManxTaxPayer

People In ICT And e-business Won’t Need Work Permits

My mate has a kid at a primary school in Douglas. He was saying that 80% of the kids in the class do not have English as their first language.

I reckon either your mate or his kid can't count TBH, as I do not believe that for one second.
Sounds unbelievable doesn't it. He's a very reliable chap. Let's see what the papers might say over the coming year, if they look into it.

At last, a supporter for the Localist #SustainableIsland economy!

It's what we need

The IOM economy is inextricably part of the British economy and has been since at least the 7th century.

My mate has a kid at a primary school in Douglas. He was saying that 80% of the kids in the class do not have English as their first language.

The Douglas patois has always been difficult to make out.

At last, a supporter for the Localist #SustainableIsland economy!

It's what we need

The IOM economy is inextricably part of the British economy and has been since at least the 7th century.

That must have really pissed off the Kings of Man & the Isles

I reckon either your mate or his kid can't count TBH, as I do not believe that for one second.
Sounds unbelievable doesn't it. He's a very reliable chap. Let's see what the papers might say over the coming year, if they look into it.

It probably depends where you live.

My daughter goes to one of the schools not in the centre of town. And in her class i'd say it's about 15%. And that 15% speak fluent English.

My little one goes to school in douglas and has 1 polish child in the class, who is nice and her parents seem nice and she speaks both languages very well.

cant say the same for all families with manx surnames.

• Like 1

This is as far as this Island has progressed when indigenous manx people are abused and ridiculed by immigrants. Nevermind the problems at Calais we are now being openly fucked by delusional entitled incomers who have believe they are entitled to roughshod us.

Who is us? A minority indiginous people who are shafted left and right who are so much in the minority that insults are not even defended on this forum. This is a disgrace in itself.

It is a outrage that no true leader comes to our defence. It is a travesty that no one speaks for the indigenous that are treated like imbeciles. Helix you cocksucker how dare you denigrate a once proud people that have been cowed into second class citizenship in their own land. Helix as Matthew once said tonight I'm a smartass but in the day I'm an escapee from mediocrety never has it more been so apparant.

The traitor politicians that have sold out the Manx will get their cummuppance.

This Island is merely a microcosm of what happens in the real world. When true patriots are cowed by the ignorance of immigrants who migrate solely to raise their standard of living at the natives expense it is great until it isn't.

I really don't give a monkeys now. The absence of support for my position albeit extreme has brought it entirely home to me that indigenous folks are mainly asleep in the wind and may well earn their label as inbred uneducated fools with no qualifications.However rest assured we patriots are not all like this and ridicule at your peril.

Manx surnames if only you were so lucky eh

• Like 1

... indigenous folks are mainly asleep in the wind and may well earn their label as inbred uneducated fools with no qualifications.

You may well have something here ...

This is as far as this Island has progressed when indigenous manx people are abused and ridiculed by immigrants. Nevermind the problems at Calais we are now being openly fucked by delusional entitled incomers who have believe they are entitled to roughshod us.

Who is us? A minority indiginous people who are shafted left and right who are so much in the minority that insults are not even defended on this forum. This is a disgrace in itself.

Quite right. I was on the plane back to the Island the other week and it's always easy to spot the Isle of Man queue these days isn't it? It used to be full of smartly dressed business types or Manx people who you knew or went to school with. Now it's full of miserable Northern pie eaters who appear to shop at Primark, or shifty looking Eastern Europeans in track suits with their pockets literally bulging full of stolen goods. All of them are clearly breeding as well judging by the scruffy unruly children they all have with them. How do any of these people get work permits when I struggle to get a job? It's just not right. I have a Manx name and nobody can even pronounce it properly anymore. The traitor politicians, lots of whom don't have Manx names I might add, have sold us all out haven't they? I can't even get a job in the land of my birth anymore.

I too long for the good old days of the Manx patriarchy where I would inherit the family job when one of my relatives died. Or where I could get into a good job in the civil service because my dad was in the Masons with the head of the department. Those were they days when everyone in the Island knew their place. How these scruffy foreign individuals came to represent the current Manx workforce I'll never know. The hardest cross to bear these days is being Manx. We're an oppressed minority and that's the truth.

• Like 1

Quite right. I was on the plane back to the Island the other week and it's always easy to spot the Isle of Man queue these days isn't it? It used to be full of smartly dressed business types or Manx people who you knew or went to school with. Now it's full of miserable Northern pie eaters who appear to shop at Primark, or shifty looking Eastern Europeans in track suits with their pockets literally bulging full of stolen goods. All of them are clearly breeding as well judging by the scruffy unruly children they all have with them. How do any of these people get work permits when I struggle to get a job? It's just not right. I have a Manx name and nobody can even pronounce it properly anymore. The traitor politicians, lots of whom don't have Manx names I might add, have sold us all out haven't they? I can't even get a job in the land of my birth anymore.

I too long for the good old days of the Manx patriarchy where I would inherit the family job when one of my relatives died. Or where I could get into a good job in the civil service because my dad was in the Masons with the head of the department. Those were they days when everyone in the Island knew their place. How these scruffy foreign individuals came to represent the current Manx workforce I'll never know. The hardest cross to bear these days is being Manx. We're an oppressed minority and that's the truth.

Yep it's a crazy f*cked up world for sure!

One of the funniest things I ever heard on Island was a conversation a few years back, between a Cockney and "Cheeky Boy" complaining about a" Paki" (His words not mine!) moving into Cheeky's old house in Derby square .

"They're getting fakking everywhere mate " he pronounced . with not a hint of self awareness about him !

Don't you just love the English.