• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the ''ridiculous ban'' is there so children can roll around in the grass without the risk of getting a face full of dog shit.

I find it a struggle to get them in the liquidizer

Walked past this morning - queuing out the door before half 8 for a cup of coffee seems strange.   I was going to take a photo but then a guy half stuck in a shitty tent was causing a scene so I dec

Posted Images

Bland, insipid coffee. It will be a contrast from the nasty bitter stuff of its main high street rival. Give me Spill the Beans or Java any day!

I think it's hard to beat McDonalds Latte, Superb!

Ah now the joke in the niarbyl thread makes sense

• Like 1

I was once in a coffee shop up the road from this. A Range Rover pulled up outside and some bloke jumped out and walked behiond the counter and helped himself to a load of cakes and stuff (no consideration of hygiene etc, just dived in there) and poured himself a cup of coffee. The staff just watched on and smiled. Presumably he was the owner and had ever right to act like a twat.

I didn't go in again. I don't suppose he misses my custom.

I'm sure nothing like that will happen in Starbucks?

Presumably he was the owner and had ever right to act like a twat.

I doubt he misses your custom to be honest and I think he's sold the place now anyway. Twattish behaviour seems to come with being a coffee shop owner though. I don't like Starbucks but if it gives me another option not to give any trade to that rude ignorant fucker at Costa then that's fine to me. He's too mean to even pay for fucking wifi at the Sea Terminal. Who the fuck expects anyone to go to a coffee shop with no wifi just because he's too fucking mean not to replace the IOMG free wifi the Sea Terminal had closed down? Typical IOM business owner who expects top dollar for tight fisted miserable trading practices you wouldn't get away with anywhere else.

• Like 6

I doubt he misses your custom to be honest and I think he's sold the place now anyway. Twattish behaviour seems to come with being a coffee shop owner though. I don't like Starbucks but if it gives me another option not to give any trade to that rude ignorant fucker at Costa then that's fine to me. He's too mean to even pay for fucking wifi at the Sea Terminal. Who the fuck expects anyone to go to a coffee shop with no wifi just because he's too fucking mean not to replace the IOMG free wifi the Sea Terminal had closed down? Typical IOM business owner who expects top dollar for tight fisted miserable trading practices you wouldn't get away with anywhere else.

I thought they switched off the WIFI at the Sea Terminal because of the unsocial behaviour of 'yoofs' who gathered there.

I thought they switched off the WIFI at the Sea Terminal because of the unsocial behaviour of 'yoofs' who gathered there.

Yes they did but he was piggy backing off it. So now there's no wifi for his customers because he's clearly too fucking mean to start paying for it himself now the government one is turned off. It must be the only Costa in the UK that has no wifi. Tight fisted twat.

• Like 1

Why not just have the wifi on at the Sea Terminal 9-5 ???

it strikes me as a typical IOMG sledge hammer to crack a nut solution to a minor problem. Let's stop absolutely everyone being able to benefit from anything at the sea terminal because of a few annoying kids. Despite this he should be paying for wifi for his own customers as it's just being fucking tight not to offer it because IOMG have withdrawn. Lots of people want to read the paper and surf the net on their iPad whilst having a coffee which they can do at every other coffee shop in Douglas. Especially if they're paying £3 for a coffee. It's just being bloody tight. At least Starbucks will provide wifi for you at their cost if you go in for a coffee.

Edited by oldmanxfella
  • Like 1

Bland, insipid coffee. It will be a contrast from the nasty bitter stuff of its main high street rival. Give me Spill the Beans or Java any day!

I think it's hard to beat McDonalds Latte, Superb!

Ah now the joke in the niarbyl thread makes sense

Making sense by enjoying a McD's latte?