Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

What's going on in St. Marks?

Traffic calming? Laundry baskets? Rustic wheelie bins? Plant pots?

Whatever it is, it's beautiful!

Some poor soul spent ages making these I bet.

doqo9y.jpg

Looks like the kind of shite the Douglas Development Partnership would claim as a fantastic achievement for the town. Perhaps rather than closing as promised their stench cloud is extending further afield....

There are even signs warning of "New Road Layout Ahead" I had a good laugh, a few plant pots and they class it as a new road layout

looks like new tarmac too. no doubt the pots were made at the forestry board for 10 quid and sold to doi for 500

• Like 1

looks like new tarmac too. no doubt the pots were made at the forestry board for 10 quid and sold to doi for 500

But are they even legal?

I thought there were strict laws about what can be placed on the high road. ( BTW, they are out of place .)

It's new tarmac all the way to Glen Vine.

Clearly a busy thoroughfare that needed priortising over all the knackered arterial routes elsewhere.

Either that or some DoI manager's route in to Ellerslie

• Like 2

Check out the new granite "planters" outside the Royal pub on the face-lifted Market Sq in Ramsey. Well, I think they're planters, they have no bottoms to them. They're like big granite well-sucked polo mints sitting on the pavement. Be a few falling over or into them, I reckon....

The planters look like a distraction to me.

It would be better to put 'gates' on either side of the road that give the impression you are entering a village and act as a traffic calming measure.

I have seen them in England but I don't know what the technical name is for them.

I asked a DOI man down the pub what it was about and they indicated it was the brainwave of the Local MHK

Can't see how these are legal street furniture at all. They would likely be classed as an unsafe obstruction. It's like someone parking skips with reflective strips either side of the road.

My money is on them being off road in a few weeks. Allowing crap like this in the road sets a bad precedent.

I asked a DOI man down the pub what it was about and they indicated it was the brainwave of the Local MHK

Cregeen? Figures. But what are they for?

Cregeen? Figures. But what are they for?

Cregeen? Brainwave? Are you sure?

• Like 3