Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Chinahand

Zac Hall Plagiarist?

It's a bit tight mocking him for his religious views. Fair enough he shouldn't have stolen the entire text and claimed it as his own but its perfectly ok if he wants to be in the God squad.

‘Its use was not in any way disrespectful but made with the best of intent and in no way wishing harm or showing ill will towards others"

Grubby little tosser that Zac Hall.

• Like 1

It's a bit tight mocking him for his religious views. Fair enough he shouldn't have stolen the entire text and claimed it as his own but its perfectly ok if he wants to be in the God squad.

‘Its use was not in any way disrespectful but made with the best of intent and in no way wishing harm or showing ill will towards others"

Read more: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/zac-hall-breaks-silence-over-his-copy-and-paste-speech-1-7730218#ixzz40H60pIcR

Fair enough, I must have miss read.

Like I said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And where the representation of his constituents is concerned, it very well matters if he's a god botherer or not. This isn't about his personal opinion. He's supposed to do what is best for the nation, not what best suits his narrow minded world views.

• Like 3

Iom newspapers report that he's done it before.

Gotta laugh at the parrot.

'Who's a pretty boy then?'

Perhaps PK's comments came, not because he'd heard that particular speech before, but because it's long been suspected in tynwald that when he makes a long speech it's lifted from the Internet?

I think the self-satisfied Isle of Man Newspapers are over protesting and are starting to make themselves (himself) look rather silly.

Either that or they are desperately short of proper news stories.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

To be fair, he's not the first or last useless tosser to spout someone elses shit as their own and as if they knew what they were on about.

Edited by WTF

When I posted up the farting snake-oil salesman video I was illustrating a point. There is a big difference between those who use religion for making money and those who don’t. There is a big difference between those who use religion for the getting and using of political power and those who don’t.

Could anyone seriously think that the example I gave is of the same kind of Christian as say, Desmond Mpilo Tutu (there are many other examples, too many to mention)? Of course not and there are thankfully there are more Christians of his sort than those of the other kind.

Not all Christians are like the snake-oil salesman shown in that video and to say they are would be wrong to do so, it would be irrational. To attempt to describe all gay people as enemies of society or “intrinsically morally disordered” is in my opinion no less wrong, no less irrational.

I don’t believe in Desmond Tutu’s religion but I certainly believe in the human being and those who think and try to act like him.

When I was much younger I was in a relationship with a Jewish man. We used to go to Shul together. I am not a Jew, he didn’t much want to go, but he went because I did, (and it made his Mother happy. Yes, really it did). I went because I liked the people there, they made me welcome, and they accepted me. I liked them, they in turn liked me. They accepted our differences because they saw the human being, the person standing in front of them.

Gay people are just that, people, they can be anyone and they can even be Christian. We are all different and in those differences, that makes life interesting. We all want to be treated well and we all want to be equal under the law.

Truthfully, I couldn’t care less what religion Zac Hall subscribes to in his private life. I do however care very much when he promotes it in our national Parliament as an elected representative of the people, and I take great exception when he promotes a policy of hate and discrimination towards people like me using plagiarised words from an organisation that has a very shameful history of dealing with us.

Like most ordinary people when we see a marriage either at a Church or a Registry Office we smile and wish them well. I don’t care who they pray to, it doesn’t matter to me, because in reality it matters only to them. I don’t care if they are gay or straight, or the colour of their skin, or if they are young or old. I wish them, and you, a long and happy life, mazel tov!

• Like 3

Iom newspapers report that he's done it before.

Gotta laugh at the parrot.

'Who's a pretty boy then?'

He's a Pollytician encaged in the seedy world of politics.

• Like 2