Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Chinahand

Zac Hall Plagiarist?

I saw him in HSBC the other day. He didn't look very ill.

I bet that was before 7:43pm on the 10th of February.

Edited by Mr. Sausages

I saw him in HSBC the other day. He didn't look very ill.

Nah. That was just a copy of him. I saw him at Barclays that time.
  • Like 1

This is all rather childish. Zak got caught cheating and is now too ill to come to school.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He's done less than nothing for 4 and a half years, then messes it up in an alarming fashion.

It's like I always say:

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Edited by sarahc

It's like I always say:

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Do you really always say that? You should keep quiet.

• Like 3

I feel a bit sorry for him. He's done less than nothing for 4 and a half years, then messes it up in an alarming fashion.

It's like I always say:

I don't feel sorry for him at all. If he thinks that he's going to get any more backing from an open democracy than he has already then he's deluded. I don't get all these people playing around with these concepts as if they are better than actually getting up off your ass and voting for someone with a pen in a polling booth. They're still the same bunch of tired and pitiful tosspots you'll be voting for at the end of the day. That won't change. Open democracy will just allow 5,000 people on Twitter to register that they think he's a twat rather than the current 1,000 people in Rushen who won't vote for him.

Edited by oldmanxfella

Apparently he's given up speaking to the media, for Lent, that and having a backbone.

But he did actually speak publicly in his own name and not under a pseudonym . . .

Yes, but not with his own words though, and he is paid to speak using his own name too, that's what he was elected to do..

• Like 1

It's like I always say:

Do you really always say that? You should keep quiet.

You got to give credit to MTP there Sarah, artful answer. :)

• Like 1

I suspect that Zac Hall was not going to stand again in September anyway. He doesn't have any departmental responsibilities at the moment (and hasn't for most of this Keys) and seems to be the only MHK who is also doing a full-time job. But this has certainly meant that he's even less likely to put himself up now.

In Manx politics you can get away with looking ridiculous and you can get away with looking lazy. But you're not going to get away with both at the same time.

It's like I always say:

I don't feel sorry for him at all. If he thinks that he's going to get any more backing from an open democracy than he has already then he's deluded. I don't get all these people playing around with these concepts as if they are better than actually getting up off your ass and voting for someone with a pen in a polling booth. They're still the same bunch of tired and pitiful tosspots you'll be voting for at the end of the day. That won't change. Open democracy will just allow 5,000 people on Twitter to register that they think he's a twat rather than the current 1,000 people in Rushen who won't vote for him.

Zak Hall is MHK for Onchan, not Rushen. And was talking about Gay Marriage.

I reckon he'll blag it... "many people share my views, as evidenced by the many speeches... repeating a speech that I agreed with was the most efficient use of my time and enabled me to give more time to the people of Onchan..."

How do I copyright that?

Apparently he's given up speaking to the media, for Lent, that and having a backbone.

But he did actually speak publicly in his own name and not under a pseudonym . . .

You are Zac Hall and I claim my £5. (Unless Cronky is your real name?)

• Like 1