Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
rmanx

Those McCann's at it again

So what you're saying stinky, is that after examining the evidence in the McCann case yourself, your suspicions and conclusion is the accurate 'truth' and is only being kept from us due to some massive, complicated conspiracy? Even after the evidence has been sifted through by Scotland Yard's finest and Interpol at great, continuing expense, the McCann's remain the victims until proven otherwise.

Or the people doing the investigation are doing it in good faith, though there may be some on the margins who strongly disagree, but who have been unable to provide sufficient evidence to change the overall direction of the investigation.

nothing to do with the money they receive or the tax govs. can charge.....

• Like 1

Stinky, I think you've known me long enough now to know that I've spent my life working with experts in their fields. In my own career I've tried to emulate them with various levels of success. You do get the good old Arthur C Clarke problem:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

But on the whole if a large group of professionals examine an issue, even though there is not unanimity, it is rare they are totally wrong, and even rarer the dissenters are totally right.

I think the evidence shows that over time the truth tends to come out and it becomes harder and harder to hide inconvenient truths.

My opinions don't matter one hoot, but over time those who's job it is to examine these things have come to the opinion that global warming is due to the accumulation of human emissions of CO2 and Madeline McCann was abducted by a stranger and not done in by her mum.

That is where the evidence has led. Now I'm not going to leap up and down and say I know more about these issues than those who's job it has been to investigate them for many years.

I'm aware that both issues have dissenters, but when I look at the records of such dissenters, in both cases, I'm not that surprised that they haven't been able to change the opinion of their peers. Maybe they will be vindicated, but to do that they have to convince, not me, or you, but the professionals in their respective fields.

Twitter and facebook and the tabloid press and the ramblings of manxforums won't change that one jot.

So what you're saying stinky, is that after examining the evidence in the McCann case yourself, your suspicions and conclusion is the accurate 'truth' and is only being kept from us due to some massive, complicated conspiracy? Even after the evidence has been sifted through by Scotland Yard's finest and Interpol at great, continuing expense, the McCann's remain the victims until proven otherwise.

Do scotland yards finest think she was abducted and killed by some twisted person as chinahand claimed? Have they ever said that?
  • Like 1

£11,000.000 and more spent so far.

I wonder how much would be be spent if Mr & Mrs Khan's child went missing on holiday.

I'll take a guess at ........................................not a lot. mad.gif

• Like 1

£11,000.000 and more spent so far.

I wonder how much would be be spent if Mr & Mrs Khan's child went missing on holiday.

I'll take a guess at ........................................not a lot. mad.gif

The owners of the local takeaway, or London Mayor? I'm thinking the answer would make a great difference thumbsup.gif

• Like 5

Do scotland yards finest think she was abducted and killed by some twisted person as chinahand claimed? Have they ever said that?

I'm the one saying she was killed - personally I find it very unlikely she's still alive, though such monstrosities do occur.

That she was abducted by a stranger - yes the Met has said that (see this Channel 4 report from 2012), while saying there is a possibility she is still alive - I agree there is a possibility, but a preponderance of probability most likely says not.

Here's a Met Press release from 2015 - the Portuguese were then the main investigators supported by the met. I don't know about now.

Edited by Chinahand

How much of the money raised (by the campaign) and by the Government has been spent on actually investigating the "disappearance" and how much has been spent on paying the McCann's mortgage, suing people with dissenting views, and making sure Scotland Yard's finest stay in first class accommodations while "investigating" on sunny beaches?

Ben Needham's mother received next to no help (until after the McCann incident and even then she had to fight for it), yet the McCann's had audiences with National Leaders, The Pope, heads of industry and people with government positions.

Lets not forget that George Harrison was in the picture at one point. It just seems no matter how many things point towards the parents, their Teflon (or money) coated defences make them untouchable.

But it isn't as though they are establishment or anything. I could at least understand your argument if they were Lord and Lady Establishment with connections in the right places. They're just ordinary people.

They're just ordinary people.

That get audiences with Heads of State and The Pope?

There are "apparently" connections that "ordinary people" just would not have.

But it isn't as though they are establishment or anything. I could at least understand your argument if they were Lord and Lady Establishment with connections in the right places. They're just ordinary people.

Which makes it all the more preposterous that they get an audience with the pope, two prime ministers, free access to the government's very own establishment PR guru, use of a private jet, help from the royal family and an endless stream of cash to keep this going....

I clearly don't know the ins and outs of this but any sane individual would look at this and ask the simple question 'Why'?

It is sneering like this which gets me.

while "investigating" on sunny beaches?

There is class in the issue though - an overweight chav on benefits would have been arrested for leaving their children alone, but it is downplayed for middle class professionals drinking white wine in the sun.

Medics who've gone through rotations know how to manage things and pull in professionals to help them.

The likes of rmanx and Lxxx can't comprehend that without it being a the masons etc, the reality is that it is motivation and hard work which opens doors to people not necessarily connections.

I don't want to go into too many details, but I know what a woman who has lost a child will do to deal with their grief. They can and do pull in Royalty, Prime Ministers, the great and the good to their cause.

Just did a quick "look" on Google:

"At the time of Madeleine's disappearance and in addition to being a cardiologist, Gerry McCann was a medical advisor to COMARE, a government committee which monitors radiation in the environment. He was listed as a member of the Medical Practices Sub Committee.

His involvement is recorded in the COMARE 12th Report, a pdf copy of which is attached.

COMARE > Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment.

COMARE is an independent expert advisory committee with members chosen for their medical and scientific expertise and recruited from Universities, Research and Medical Institutes. Members have never been drawn from the Nuclear or Electrical Power Supply Industries.

The Committee offers independent advice to all Government Departments and Devolved Authorities, not just the Health Departments, and is responsible for assessing and advising them on the health effects of natural and man-made radiation. It is also asked to assess the adequacy of the available data and advise on the need for further research.

COMARE's terms of reference are "to assess and advise Government and the devolved authorities on the health effects of natural and man-made radiation and to assess the adequacy of the available data and the need for further research".

To put the events into simple language, COMARE was set up by the Labour Government to look into claims about radiation emanating from nuclear power stations and electricity pylons. It was also tasked with investigation medical scans and radiation. These issues were controversial so it was in the Governments interest to have reports which were sympathetic to their policies.

Gordon Brown became UK Prime Minister a few weeks after Madeleine's disappearance. In 2004 his younger brother Andrew joined French energy firm EDF Energy, as head of media relations, where as of 2011 he held the position of director of corporate communications. EDF were lobbying to build nuclear power stations in Britain (Hinkley Point) and Gordon Brown wanted to restart the nuclear power plant building programme in Britain. Brown's brother Andrew was associated with Gerry McCann through COMARE

Bell Pottinger represented both the McCanns and the Portuguese holiday village they were staying in. Bell Pottinger also provide PR for the nuclear power industry, have close connections with New Labour (Tony Blair gave Tim bell his peerage), have helped sell New labours unique vision of democracy in Iraq and and have been heavily involved with several of New labours disastrous IT schemes.

These facts alone raise some interesting issues."

Goodness you are a conspiracy fool.

No it doesn't.