Internet Sales Tax

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are many reasons people buy off the net. better choice, actually in stock with next day shipping, cheaper. on the last point of cheaper, the reason we have rip off prices in our shops is

Oh great you've found my order, thanks!

Time for a tax on political gimmicks I reckon.

They should tax them fellas ordering them internet wives. How many Manx fellas are doing that these days? Loads I'd say! Have we run out of proper local girls? There's always Peel if anyone is desperate! I bet they must be at least two grand each. That would bring in lots of tax. And if you saw some fella walking down the street with a Ting Tong you could make him go to the tax office and show that he'd paid the proper tax and that. You wouldn't even have to fill any forms in. I think that Karran fella is on to something.

• Like 4

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Plenty of imports here Ronnie.

I think Karran has some sort of point although trying to enforce it would be interesting.

Plus, it would have to be a substantial tax to stop people doing it. Unless he is saying all "tax" raised is distributed to local retailers.

Otherwise it's a simple tax gathering exercise.

Is there anything really wrong with the idea of this? Instead of tax, just hammer the delivery companies so they pass on the cost to the consumer. Then plough this money back into regeneration of the local shopping areas.

Of course the reality of such a thing existing is that they'd price it all wrong, and plough any profits into their pensions blackhole, so probably best left alone.

But there is merit in making imports a little more expensive!

there are many reasons people buy off the net. better choice, actually in stock with next day shipping, cheaper. on the last point of cheaper, the reason we have rip off prices in our shops is because we have rip off shipping costs in conjunction with rip off rents from rip off landlords. government mouths talk of free market economies whilst making sure our shipping, gas and electric costs are held with monopolies and now they want us to be ripped off shopping too!!! it would take a real thick cunt to suggest this as a good idea, OH, i see it was...

• Like 9