Census Consensus

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted mine back - to the Office for National Statistics in London, can't be half British can we? Cunts.

Someone claiming to be from the MUA contacted John Moss on MR today to say that power generation is 18% down on two years ago. If that's true I don't know whether it means a big reduction in usage her

large rise in millionaires on government pensions

If they could not be bothered to fill in the census they probably won't have bothered filling in the electoral role form either.

Up to a grand fine there too. Double kerching!!

If you don't fill in any form the Government send you, they won't have any idea who you are to fine you.

l know a couple of guys who have not registered on anything in all the years i've known them,it may be hard to believe but these guys have not existed for the past 40 years.
  • Like 1

There are multiple ways in which people 'exist' whether through tax records, national insurance number, birth certificate, rates, driving licence, school records, electoral roll, passport, medical and dental records, television licence, post office records, utility bills, phone records, etc. etc.

The census is such an imprecise, outdated and unreliable measure that must render it almost useless; particularly when there are other multiple ways of gathering data, that can be cross checked, in collecting the same information. Far more efficiently and cheaper too.

• Like 2
l know a couple of guys who have not registered on anything in all the years i've known them,it may be hard to believe but these guys have not existed for the past 40 years.

They'll exist in the system somehow surely, Tax and N.I. codings for starters.

There are multiple ways in which people 'exist' whether through tax records, national insurance number, birth certificate, rates, driving licence, school records, electoral roll, passport, medical and dental records, television licence, post office records, utility bills, phone records, etc. etc.

The census is such an imprecise, outdated and unreliable measure that must render it almost useless; particularly when there are other multiple ways of gathering data, that can be cross checked, in collecting the same information. Far more efficiently and cheaper too.

They'll exist in the system somehow surely, Tax and N.I. codings for starters.

I shall reiterate in as short a way possible,SMUJ your first para covers all "normal" ways used to track "most" people in this digitised world but i can assure you the cases i quote DO exist and live here totally below the radar,i have worked with these people,they work cash in hand use public transport live in unregistered digs and i have known at least one who has not even registered with either a doctor or dental practice on the island,mission if you did not know its not obligatory to register for these institutions when coming to live here,or it was'nt when these guys arrived,Get your heads around this then guys 30/40 years no tax or ni under the radar living,these are ONLY the cases i personally know off. Edited by hillshepherd

I don't doubt you Hillshepherd. It's certainly possible to live here and work in the labour black market, under the radar as you say, and I'd bet the number would be surprising; but there can't be too many doing this over extended periods of time and residence.

If you don't fill in any form the Government send you, they won't have any idea who you are to fine you.

Will they not be wanting a state pension then?

• Like 1