Port Soderick - Sold

slinkydevil

10 hours ago, quayler said:

oops sorry have i got the wrong end of the stick :P didn't realise producing facts and helping people was going against the grain, next time i'll spout shite and rumors to try and fit in :D lol

from what i hear i don't think there are any plans to limit access in anyway, the guy is just generally trying to tidy up his drive/back garden of booze cans, litter and dog shit, help out a local charity and probably make a few quid by venturing into the holiday let business in the process, he's got to recoup the cost of buying the port somehow... i think its one of them where we just have to sit back and see what happens but i think its going to be a positive thing for the area.

have you seen the plans? your doing a bit of PR to get planning nothing more....

13 hours ago, MrFunk said:

From a strictly personal point of view my only real concern is seeing a massive gate making it more difficult for other people who currently launch from there being able to continue to do so.  

What massive gate?  Where will it be?

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

have you seen the plans? your doing a bit of PR to get planning nothing more....

woody2, i have absolutely nothing to do with the project so why would i care about planning or PR?  i was simply giving people some info based on me talking to the guys that run the charity rather than people spreading rumors or making assumptions like you clearly excel at... wind your neck in!

15 hours ago, quayler said:

oops sorry have i got the wrong end of the stick :P didn't realise producing facts and helping people was going against the grain, next time i'll spout shite and rumors to try and fit in :D lol

from what i hear i don't think there are any plans to limit access in anyway, the guy is just generally trying to tidy up his drive/back garden of booze cans, litter and dog shit, help out a local charity and probably make a few quid by venturing into the holiday let business in the process, he's got to recoup the cost of buying the port somehow... i think its one of them where we just have to sit back and see what happens but i think its going to be a positive thing for the area.

Mate that is fantastic if the guys going to guarantee access to the coastal walkways   you can't criticize that , but I's still like to see public access   guaranteed  down there  in some sort of written(Legal) form .

Who's to say ,the  guy could  croak unexpectedly  and  the new owner might not have his noble sentiments ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, quayler said:

woody2, i have absolutely nothing to do with the project so why would i care about planning or PR?  i was simply giving people some info based on me talking to the guys that run the charity rather than people spreading rumors or making assumptions like you clearly excel at... wind your neck in!

i am not knocking the "charity"  but it is been used to get planning, the gates and wall will restrict access...

i hope you get a 100 year lease in writing ;)

stick to the facts before jumping in:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

59315013529b7_86010306_PortSoderickg34.jpg.7e92e374c7d91d456e3ecf6362688fd4.jpg

That m

Just now, woody2 said:

i am not knocking the "charity"  but it is been used to get planning, the gates and wall will restrict access...

i hope you get a 100 year lease in writing ;)

stick to the facts before jumping in:rolleyes:

A man of common sense! 

Do you think that small gate to the right hand side could be the public access?