Port Soderick - Sold

slinkydevil

5 hours ago, homarus said:

Mate that is fantastic if the guys going to guarantee access to the coastal walkways   you can't criticize that , but I's still like to see public access   guaranteed  down there  in some sort of written(Legal) form .

Who's to say ,the  guy could  croak unexpectedly  and  the new owner might not have his noble sentiments ?

Is it a public right of way or not?

I honestly don't know , but I'm  pretty sure that any pathway where there is a record of unbroken  public access for over  (I think?) 20yrs has grounds to become a PROW !

It needs to happen  in this instance ,Port Soderick has a special place in the Hearts of both Manx folk recent arrivals (Less than 50 yrs!) much more so than Langness and look at the shitstorm that created !

Like said previously ,the guy may have the best interests of the public at heart ,but if our clowns in Gov ,allow access to this beach to be restricted where will it end?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I am just glad someone is prepared to buy it and do something with it.  It was great years ago many happy memories. Now perhaps th Castlemona can be sorted before it gets beyond redemption.

Agreed.  That place has been part of my life from paddling in the paddling pool to operating the lights at gigs in the 70's (badly) and now strolling with the dogs. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This photo shows the difficulty of Building conservation/registered building/Historic importance/architectural significance.

The current view of the Castle Mona is nothing like the photo, the shops would have to be removed to give this wonderful vista of a fine old building? Now our only view of the Castle Mona is of the southern face, is that worth preserving? A 20 metre view if you're walking north! ( and not watching for traffic ), a fleeting glimpse of little importance or invoking  memory of a time of past opulence

Should we accept the inevitable and allow the site to be leveled and re-built?.

19 hours ago, Kopek said:

This photo shows the difficulty of Building conservation/registered building/Historic importance/architectural significance.

The current view of the Castle Mona is nothing like the photo, the shops would have to be removed to give this wonderful vista of a fine old building? Now our only view of the Castle Mona is of the southern face, is that worth preserving? A 20 metre view if you're walking north! ( and not watching for traffic ), a fleeting glimpse of little importance or invoking  memory of a time of past opulence

Should we accept the inevitable and allow the site to be leveled and re-built?.

the wall appears to be still there......