Port Soderick - Sold

slinkydevil

Work has started on the re-development (the plans look great - retirement goals, for sure)

We go to Port Soderick quite often and I’m a little bit worried about the amount of earth (and trees) they are moving from the area underneath the footpath that leads from the beach to Marine Drive, I’m not a structural engineer but I imagine the supports that the stairs are built on need to be supported.
The men in the digger and dumper truck weren’t wearing hard hats yesterday and if the cliff became unstable and collapsed, I dread to think what would happen. Who checks these things for safety?

6 hours ago, 2bees said:

Work has started on the re-development (the plans look great - retirement goals, for sure)

This the one?  Difficult to confirm on planning, as there have been so many applications there over the years.  This seems to be the latest dated.. 

image.png

29 minutes ago, asitis said:

More concrete dumped on areas of natural beauty ! I know it was derelict but was a wildlife magnet !

It still will be I hope, it isn't creating a throughroad.  It is mainly sea life and they will just go alittle further along the coast and return when it's quiet.  Have to say, it looks a nice development. Is it Dandara? 

Just now, Gladys said:

It still will be I hope, it isn't creating a throughroad.  It is mainly sea life and they will just go alittle further along the coast and return when it's quiet.  Have to say, it looks a nice development. Is it Dandara? 

Nice development and Dandara rarely go in the same sentence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The wild life will move. It's no big deal.

Not all nature can move, unless it is a triffid a plant cannot, pupae cannot.

it is not as easy as jumping from one user account to another on here you know:thumbsup:

The actual glen, surrounding woodland and the cliffs have a very good selection of wildlife. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

isn't it owned by Ballacregga Estates?

A guy from the estate was checking out the big hole that appeared on the walkway, but I am not sure if they own the actual plot. 

2 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not all nature can move, unless it is a triffid a plant cannot, pupae cannot.

it is not as easy as jumping from one user account to another on here you know:thumbsup:

The actual glen, surrounding woodland and the cliffs have a very good selection of wildlife. 

Yes it does, but the new building seems to be covering the footprint of the old buildings so shouldn't interfere too much. 

It would be good to see it brought to life again. 

• Like 1