Port Soderick - Sold

just whilst looking to see where Ballacregga was, using streetview, does anyone know why Crogga house is fuzzed-out ?  it's hardly top secret, is it ? (it isn't particularly spectacular from the road either !) but it's in plain sight by satellite view

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask Richard and Julie Corkill.

When I posted this a month or so back ,i didn't realize how near the mark I might have been !!   I took a spin down to Port Soderick on Thursday last, to see where the land was lying and was surp

Yes I think all those above are right. It was David Rattray. Those were the days when we would shut half our roads to allow a colossal catamaran to be towed to the sea and all the peasants looked on a

Posted Images

I will believe it when I see it.

I go to Port Soderick most days with my dogs. The Glen is lovely, apart from the signs everywhere - No overnight parking, no camping, no fires, and the obligatory dog shit notices everywhere. I wish the jobsworth in charge of this signage would fuck off. 

The beach and surroundings are sad. I would love to see it developed into something befitting the area. I have my doubts this will happen though.

• Like 1

Anything will be an improvement on the current situation. We go there maybe once a year, there are other beaches with glens and they're better than Port Soderick. The annoying part is the 'tourist accommodation' spiel that will be used to extract money from the government to fund a venture for an already rich enough person, sorry, I mean, company. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rab said:

I will believe it when I see it.

I go to Port Soderick most days with my dogs. The Glen is lovely, apart from the signs everywhere - No overnight parking, no camping, no fires, and the obligatory dog shit notices everywhere. I wish the jobsworth in charge of this signage would fuck off. 

The beach and surroundings are sad. I would love to see it developed into something befitting the area. I have my doubts this will happen though.

I fear your right, i suspect it will end up as a private residence with no access.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, finlo said:

I fear your right, i suspect it will end up as a private residence with no access.

You mean like Garwick? I'd be surprised if it did. It'd be a great pity. Do we know the value of nothing here?

I could never work out the layout of that massive Ballamona thing that Richmond Park were supposed to be marketing out there. The glossy handout said "private beach". Where was that going to be?

ETA: Here it is. Chatsworth on Sea!

http://www.richmondsquaregroup.com/developments/available/ballamona_estate

So where's that "private beach"?

Edited by woolley
5 minutes ago, woolley said:

You mean like Garwick? I'd be surprised if it did. It'd be a great pity. Do we know the value of nothing here?

I could never work out the layout of that massive Ballamona thing that Richmond Park were supposed to be marketing out there. The glossy handout said "private beach". Where was that going to be?

Port Soderick?