Time to ruin Peel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More typical bull shit money wasting from the Bellend administration. Whilst complaining about the lack of public funds and the need for saving money they continue to waste our money on so called 're

Yes what a hideous commuter wasteland. It's hard to build a place with even less character than Onchan in the day time but Dandara more than exceeded that with this ultimate soulless commuter-vile.

It's already been Ballawattleworthed.

Posted Images

Someone here must know what the deal is/was involving Chinese granite? Please tell all.

Forget about sea levels rising, the Island is sinking under the weight of all the foreign granite.

How can it be good design practice to introduce foreign stone into the heart of every settlement of more than a dozen homes? Watch out Bride, Ballaugh, Ballasalla, Ballakillowey, and Ballakilpheric. There's been a deal agreed and more Chinese granite will have to be used.

What we need is a body set up to protect the Island's history and heritage, to object to this sort of urban vandalism. We could call it Manx Heritage.

I recall an artist's impression of the regeneration for Peel and it involved sandstone pillars-because that was what people associate with Peel. But that idea seems to have disappeared without trace. I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

You're right about the sandstone pillars and they're mentioned here.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/architects-vision-to-regenerate-streets-of-peel-1-1794508

Someone here must know what the deal is/was involving Chinese granite? Please tell all.

Forget about sea levels rising, the Island is sinking under the weight of all the foreign granite.

How can it be good design practice to introduce foreign stone into the heart of every settlement of more than a dozen homes? Watch out Bride, Ballaugh, Ballasalla, Ballakillowey, and Ballakilpheric. There's been a deal agreed and more Chinese granite will have to be used.

What we need is a body set up to protect the Island's history and heritage, to object to this sort of urban vandalism. We could call it Manx Heritage.

I recall an artist's impression of the regeneration for Peel and it involved sandstone pillars-because that was what people associate with Peel. But that idea seems to have disappeared without trace. I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

You're right about the sandstone pillars and they're mentioned here.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/architects-vision-to-regenerate-streets-of-peel-1-1794508

Thanks I liked that idea because you do associate sandstone with Peel.

How depressing that the 'vision' appeared in 2009 and all we are going to get is some paving in Market Square.

What happened to the rest of the ideas and the rest of the money?

Edited by Moghrey Mie

"Thanks I liked that idea because you do associate sandstone with Peel.
How depressing that the 'vision' appeared in 2009 and all we are going to get is some paving in Market Square.

Edited by Moghrey Mie, Today, 12:00 AM."

Some of the "rest of the money" has been wasted spent on limestone paving in Port St Mary, re-replacing paving that had already been replaced within the past 10 years.

Edited by Fossils

"Thanks I liked that idea because you do associate sandstone with Peel.

Edited by Moghrey Mie, Today, 12:00 AM."

Some of the "rest of the money" has been wasted spent on limestone paving in Port St Mary, re-replacing paving that had already been replaced within the past 10 years.

Peel should have made a bid for the pavers that were taken up from Strand Street when they put the Chinese granite down. They would have been the right colour and suitably worn to put down in Michael Street and other areas of Peel.

Edited by Moghrey Mie

Before they do the pavements, Peel should sort some of their buildings out first, some of them are in a right state.

The owners should be traced and forced to repair them.

This one hasn't even got a roof!

post-10616-0-02266600-1458063639_thumb.jpg

• Like 1