Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ManxTaxPayer

Public sector pensions to undergo dramatic overhaul

Agreed that's the only way it could operate but you might end up with a significant recruitment problem of key workers. It's bad enough in some professions now for other reasons.

• Like 1

Tax it at source

I always thought it was for those who had done a runner to sunnier climbs. Y'know 20% tax with no annual personal allowance. Is that not the case?

Edit and if there's no dual taxation agreement then after the woolley tax, foreign tax and Manx income tax there could be not a lot left. I can hear the cheers already from the usual suspects.

Edited by ballaughbiker

I know. It's coming in the UK too though, and soon, so I don't believe we are going to be so far out of line.

• Like 1

Tax it at source

I always thought it was for those who had done a runner to sunnier climbs. Y'now 20% tax with no annual personal allowance. Is that not the case?

I think it is. Not sure though because I have a friend from across who lives in Europe and is worried that they might take his allowances away. Anyone know for sure?

Went to Tesco today and it looked like the population had crossed 100000 . :-(

I went to that Tesco's with the missus the other day. Well it's only up the quay from the Legion. Them fellas buying stuff in there. Not one of them was a Manx fella. I said to the missus. I bet they all live under the trees at the nunnery. In tents and that. Hundreds of them there were. Like them fellas you see on the telly. You know the ones that jump out of wagons and that? Them illegal immigrants. That's all you see in that Tesco's. Them and load of jousters. With their trolleys full of strawberries and champagne and that. Mincing up the aisles. Looking for fairy cakes. It's no place for a proper Manx fella. I prefer the Legion. No jousters and immigrants in there. Just proper Manx fellas.

Calling Mad Uncle Ronnie! What of this? http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj7z5C918zLAhVFgw8KHWovD3QQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjousterschildcare.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNEUe2rsVhiv0U8arh-d2d3RUUt9nA&sig2=COpcQKAlkCzO0HXq1Z1YkQ&bvm=bv.117218890,d.ZWU

• Like 1

I only drink Okells me. I don't like any of that fancy foreign muck. Only a jouster would buy beer called jousters. No proper Manx fella would be doing that.

There is only one way to settle this pension furore, a referendum!

Q. Should the Govt introduce legislation to force one of the following....

A./ Force public sector pensions to be reduced to private sector levels?

or

B./ Force Private sector pensions to be raised to public sector levels?

For the same contributions in each case.

Now, let's vote.....

Figures not for those of a nervous disposition. :unsure: Hope those ideas on growth are good.

http://www.pspa.im/SiteCollectionDocuments/Cabinet%20Office%20-%20PS%20Pensions%20-%20Legacy%20Funding.pdf

Err, should we be reading that?

The PAG has published the document but as it says it's apparently confidential. Just flick to the end though. In the final section basically they say they can't do all the stuff that probably should be done because it's too difficult, it might piss off the unions, or it could result in legal cases so what they've decided should happen is that we (the taxpayer) need to pay in a lot more as employer contributions, and the people who will actually get the pensions need to pay a little bit more into the scheme by way of personal contributions.

Edited by thesultanofsheight