You should take that info to the police and demand that the directors are charged with theft.

If a builder was doing some work at your house and decided to take some extra money from your purse and didn't bother to answer his phone to justify his actions he'd be arrested.

• Like 1
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their website is really out of date, I do like the idea of their broadband but they don't help themselves with the lack of information. So note to Ryan who has been on here.. A few tips from what I he

Cancel your Worldpay instruction, and email Bluewave to tell them. Then keep using their broadband. Not ideal, but I suspect would work...

he's dead

Last year I had their 4G service installed. It was slower than MT's ADSL so I asked to cancel. They told me to try it for a few months free of charge and if I wasn't happy they would uninstall it and refund me. I tried it once more but it still kept cutting out when connecting remotely to work. After that I packed the router up in the box and went back to my MT ADSL. After a few months they billed me, I complained and they refunded that. When I asked about a refund on the installation fee they said I had to return the router. I dropped it off at their unmanned office in Tower house and left a voicemail on their answerphone. I chased by email a few times asking for my refund. Last month I eventually got an email refusing the refund. So it cost me best part of £100 to test the service.

I won't consider using Bluewave again for anything. Which is a shame as the 4G product sounded great. On MT 4G in my office I get 83Mbps download and 33Mbps upload, and about 30Mbps download at home. But with Bluewave I was getting between 6-14Mbps download and around 2Mbps upload.

Their engineer told me he was getting good speeds when he was installing it. If he wasn't he should have abandoned the install before they fitted the bracket to my chimney stack.

I'm back to hoping MT will put VDSL in my street some day.

Bluewave seem to be in a money grabbing mood at the moment. I should be paying £25.00 a month for my broadband.

On the 2. June they took £25.00 out of my account.

On the 2, June they took an additional £15.00 from my account.

On the 2. June they took a further £15.00 from my account.

on the 6. June they took another £25.00 from my account.

As usual they don't respond to messages.

Cancel your Worldpay instruction, and email Bluewave to tell them. Then keep using their broadband. Not ideal, but I suspect would work...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Onchan has been out for over 24 hrs, communication continues to be poor.

They also seem to delete all previous Facebook posts that they've made (including yesterday's), related to problems, meaning that customer comments also disappear...

Despite my ongoing problems i am somehow still with them. Laziness i guess.

If you live in Peel expect 30mps 6am - 5pm then it will drop to 5-8mps with the occaisional nip up to 15 if your lucky. When i speak they are full of upgrading this and software updates are happening. Full of shit more like.

• 3 weeks later...

And now they're putting their prices up... £15 a month goes to £20, or £25 to £30 (have rounded up the .99s)

Described as a small increase (which it isn't in % terms) due to rising network costs. Not so bad if the service was continually improving, but it's worsening. Time to leave...

Spotted this via a Facebook post. Have never had a formal email or letter communication from them on anything. Wouldn't have thought a FB post meets contract requirements for raising costs, so assume they'll write formally (or not...)

Edited to add - their FB posting now seems to have disappeared...

Further edit...they made a replacement, slightly more professional FB post, and texted to say they would email and letter as well. Some negative responses to FB post, not surprisingly...

Edited by sm-iom

Dear BlueWave Customer This letter is to inform you that from the 1st September 2016 we will be changing our pricing structure to adjust to the ever-changing telecommunications market costs on the Isle of Man.

This is not a decision we’ve taken lightly, and pride ourselves on having managed to keep subscription charges the lowest on the Isle of Man since we first started selling consumer broadband. You’ll see our price changes on the table below:

Broadband Basics (Current) £15.00 Per Month

Broadband Basics (New) £20.00 Per Month

BlueWave Ultraband (Current) £25.00 Per Month

BlueWave Ultraband (New) £29.99 Per Month

Even with the price changes, we still remain the cheapest and ONLY landline-free Internet Service Provider on the Isle of Man.

Not Happy? Don’t worry, if you’re unhappy with this price change you’ll have until the 14th August to let us know and we will end your service/contract without penalty.

Got any questions? No problem. Feel free to call us on 640620, email hello@bwc.im, or arrange a face to face chat with one of the team.

Very optimistic of you, wish I could think like that. After months of promising me improvements though, nothing yet has appeared.

It would be nice to get some sort of info about what exactly they intend to do.

• 5 weeks later...

Their website is really out of date, I do like the idea of their broadband but they don't help themselves with the lack of information. So note to Ryan who has been on here.. A few tips from what I hear and see:

1. Update your website
  2. As soon as their is a known issue, keep your customers up to date with a service announcement
  3. list your packages on your website and what you are likely to get on each package
  4. Nominate someone in your office to be on call, divert your office phone to a mobile if needs be.
  5. its always good to let people know what your company is up to from time to time. Stuart was constantly letting the world know what was going on and there really was a buzz about the company. Nowadays I get the impression that you work half days and just turn everything off and on when you eventually realise there is a problem.
  • Like 3
  • 6 months later...

Bluewave have been horrendous over the last week or so, out for days on end, and when it does work, the connection often drops out and speeds are poor.

I think I have hit the end of the road with them and will be going back to a landline provider. Just a shame that even though I don't want a phone, I will still have to pay for a landline, maybe Manx Telecom should look at charging a lower price for those who don't want a phone, just internet connection.