Mannanan hits pier

Max Power

I would consider that any vessel with such "rogue" computer inputs as rumoured here would have been most unlikely to have received approval from the marine authorities to operate in the first place. This would therefore suggest that the current problem is more likely to have been a new one.

I would consider that any vessel with such "rogue" computer inputs as rumoured here would have been most unlikely to have received approval from the marine authorities to operate in the first place. This would therefore suggest that the current problem is more likely to have been a new one.

I'm presuming the marine authorities don't do daily checks and it's probably an annual M.O.T. Any issues wouldn't be picked up until the next routine inspection.

Just rename it MV HAL.

Very reliably informed that the computer systems completely freezing up/shutting down while the engines are still running leaving the crew with very little control has happened on a fair few occasions.....makes the trip more exciting doesn't it !!

This makes it sounds like a suicide boat. Its like randomly putting a blindfold over the eyes of the pilot every now and then.

Assuming this is true, have you been very reliably informed that they are trying to fix the problem or has it been a case of "well no-one's died yet, so what's the problem?"

Im afraid I wasn't given information on whether the issue itself had been resolved, so cant say either way if its a historical or ongoing problem...just that this serious electronic failure was something that the senior crew had dealt with on a number of occasions....

Very reliably informed that the computer systems completely freezing up/shutting down while the engines are still running leaving the crew with very little control has happened on a fair few occasions.....makes the trip more exciting doesn't it !!

This makes it sounds like a suicide boat. Its like randomly putting a blindfold over the eyes of the pilot every now and then.

Assuming this is true, have you been very reliably informed that they are trying to fix the problem or has it been a case of "well no-one's died yet, so what's the problem?"

Im afraid I wasn't given information on whether the issue itself had been resolved, so cant say either way if its a historical or ongoing problem...just that this serious electronic failure was something that the senior crew had dealt with on a number of occasions....

For me the issue is not just about the damage repair, my concern is why/how did the master lose control of the vessel and why did they have (as alleged elsewhere) problems with the stabilizers after departing LPL?

I'm more interested in the bigger picture that might suggest very serious engineering failures. The fast craft is turning into a not-so-fast craft.

Do I remember correctly something about the rackets previous owners insisting they had this vessel because they had a vested interest in the ship yard doing the conversion ?

Yes that was MacQuarrie... a foot in both camps.

And another in the mouth.
  • Like 1

Heading back to Douglas at 32 knots, past halfway. If you're going to Dublin this afternoon, get down to the Sea Terminal!

You'll be in for a long wait Dougie. There isn't a Dublin sailing between now and May. There's a Belfast at mid day. After that it's Liverpool and Heysham ( when the Ben is off )

Heading back to Douglas at 32 knots, past halfway. If you're going to Dublin this afternoon, get down to the Sea Terminal!

You'll be in for a long wait Dougie. There isn't a Dublin sailing between now and May. There's a Belfast at mid day. After that it's Liverpool and Heysham ( when the Ben is off )

Dublin, Belfast - it's all Irish to me! But thanks, anywaysmile.png

The good news is, she's arrived and getting ready to go.

• Like 1