BlueWave home internet

Anyone here have any experience of BlueWave? Weŕe considering changing as we have direct sight of the mast on Douglas Head. Is the quality of internet reception dependant on weather?

Other than cost, Manx Telecom has been pretty good and I wonder is it worth taking the plunge and changing?

I was with Sure for about 7 years and never had a problem. I used to hear their customer service wasn't great but I never had to contact them. Been with bluewave for 4 months and lost connection 3 times, once for 2 days. Tried calling to find out what was going on but nobody answered and got no replies to emails.

Similar.

Only been in once, and only in the bar which has had a lick of paint and looks a bit plain. Didn't go in the lounge so don't know how that is. They've got a new landlord but I quite liked last couple so I haven't made my mind up about that yet. They had MPA on though, so 6 pints disappeared pretty sharpish :)

• Like 1

I have been with Bluewave for over six months now. Installation was quick and pain free, I got them to put the router in the loft so the wifi could get around the house easier. streaming Amazon Prime works fine and had no buffering instances.

The system went down a couple of weeks ago. Contacting Bluewave is a bit difficult at weekends as the phone only seems to be manned office hours Monday to Friday, I had to resort to personal facebook messages, which is not ideal. Turned out the dish was faulty and was quickly swapped.

Bluewave's website needs updating as it has had info on packages 'coming soon' for months and the 'forgot password' button doesn't do anything.

With MT, you have to pay a land-line charge and as I hardly ever used the home phone it was an un-necessary expense. With Bluewave, as a land-line isn't required I'm saving around £25.00 a month.

My Sure broadband is horrendous! I have to download stuff from Sky in SD, unless of course I have, on average, 3 hours to wait for the HD episode to become available for viewing. (First World problem I know)

I had the same problem with MT but came across this - it worked smile.png

changing the DNS in network settings helps and it worked for me! Go to Settings, Network, press Select , then the green button (manual IP Configuration) and enter a DNS of your choice - I used 8.8.8.8

• Like 1