Panama papers reveal world leaders finances

Sections of the British public have slammed their local media outlets for ignoring the fact Prime Minister David Cameron’s father was caught up in a massive data leak involving possible tax evasion.

A huge leak of more than 11.5 million documents from a Panama-based law firm saw the British media jump to accuse President Vladimir Putin of corruption, despite the Russian president not being named in any of the papers.

https://www.rt.com/uk/338300-cameron-putin-panama-papers/

We are living in interesting times indeed.

Absolute bollocks from the conspiracy nutters. The bbc haven't gone heavy on the cameron connection simply because it's not much of a story. His Dad, who's been dead six years had a small company for investments registered in Panama. Iffy yes, embarrassing yes, current no, large scale no, illegal no. The Putin connection is current, looks illegal and of a completely different scale some $2 billion in laundered funds.

• Like 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..the world just gets dirtier and dirtier, let's hope this is the start of the great clean up..............but I doubt it.

British media call out the Russian establishment on corruption.   In other news, bears have been found to defecate in close proximity to where they live.

With hindsight it seems obvious that information so sensitive and political would inevitably be either hacked or leaked. It's a good example of why it is a bad idea to store any private data digitally

Posted Images

yes but putin never took jimmy carr to task publicly about his tax affairs. its putin, of course he is on the rob. thats why i will never vote for him

I dunno, he could be good for Douglas East.

In Soviet Douglas East, Postman delivers you

yes but putin never took jimmy carr to task publicly about his tax affairs. its putin, of course he is on the rob. thats why i will never vote for him

I dunno, he could be good for Douglas East.

He'd find it difficult to work with hardline Robo.

• Like 2

Sections of the British public have slammed their local media outlets for ignoring the fact Prime Minister David Cameron’s father was caught up in a massive data leak involving possible tax evasion.

A huge leak of more than 11.5 million documents from a Panama-based law firm saw the British media jump to accuse President Vladimir Putin of corruption, despite the Russian president not being named in any of the papers.

https://www.rt.com/uk/338300-cameron-putin-panama-papers/

We are living in interesting times indeed.

British media call out the Russian establishment on corruption.

In other news, bears have been found to defecate in close proximity to where they live.

• Like 3

Iceland tells the international bankers where to go when the IMF came calling and saw it's economy recover.... the Iceland president now gets 'exposed' with these 'leaks'.

I've not been through the details but wouldn't surprise me if there were Russian, Syrian, Iranian, Saudi, Chinese 'leaks' too....

Iceland tells the international bankers where to go when the IMF came calling and saw it's economy recover

IMF financial support for Iceland has been key to the stabilisation of the economy.

Iceland tells the international bankers where to go when the IMF came calling and saw it's economy recover

IMF financial support for Iceland has been key to the stabilisation of the economy.

Yes but the fact their banks largely didn't pay out foreign investors made the banking system a whole lot more stable. The UK Government bailed out UK depositors with Kaupthung so that the Icelandic parent didn't have to. At the same time the bonds Mr Whatisname held in Kaupthung and other domestic banks ended up not being undermined by the liabilities that were technically due had they been made to pay out. The guy is a piece of shit who got what was coming. All that happened was that bond holders and shareholders in Icelandic Banks got bailed out by other countries meeting liabilities that they had to their own depositors.

Edited by oldmanxfella