IOM Beer & Cider Festival 2016

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CAMRA members received an additional sheet of vouchers (£5 worth). It wasn't obvious at the pay desk, I just asked if they wanted to see a membership card and they responded with the extra sheet of vo

Looking forward to your "Did anyone go to the beer festival?" post tomorrow. Or perhaps the day after.

In at the moment, wild improvement on last year for this location. From someone who was very critical of last years farce, .... I'm well impressed.   Keep it up, this year is THE model to work on.

After last years fiasco I won't be going. I'm sure they won't care.

I will be giving my custom to Amber (ugh) as the magnificent Post War Stories are playing, along with Chris Flood and The Clown Calls For War.

I am giving it another try now they have swapped the music and beer round - it was madness last year that at a beer festival you have the royal hall for a band and the beer jammed into the promenade suite

• Like 1

Great night. No qualms about queuing but Thursday was never too bad, and this time they had some musical entertainment which was spot on for a bit of a boogy.

As for my spreadsheet, the top one was a bit of a let down, nice porter but not much else. 3rd was the biggest let down, far too watery although incredibly coffee tasting. Very glad to say one of the best beers there was a manx one - mosaic, sweet hops balance perfectly with a bitter finish. And my all time favourite plum porter was delightful too as always :)

• Like 1

Heading down this afternoon, hoping to sample a good selection of thirds before the hoards descend at 5.30pm

• Like 1