More Money Down The Toilet

Tweek

If they didn't put the paving or cobbles down in the first place, just think of the money that would have been saved, those blocks in Duke/Strand/Castle Streets must have cost a fortune, it was madness, all them streets were done in asphalt, it also was easy to dig up, and the lumps of asphalt were saved to melt down and re-lay,

that's what they called recycling, now with shop after shop closing, all that money was wasted.

The fact is now the streets are a mess, there are loose blocks all over the place, which is dangerous, some of them are sinking, again dangerous, in places there is even patches of tarmac what a mess, so much for regeneration.

Oh and have a look at James Street, same stupid blocks, can't wait for the prospective councillors to call, mind you they will blame government.

If they didn't put the paving or cobbles down in the first place, just think of the money that would have been saved, those blocks in Duke/Strand/Castle Streets must have cost a fortune, it was madness, all them streets were done in asphalt, it also was easy to dig up, and the lumps of asphalt were saved to melt down and re-lay,

that's what they called recycling, now with shop after shop closing, all that money was wasted.

The fact is now the streets are a mess, there are loose blocks all over the place, which is dangerous, some of them are sinking, again dangerous, in places there is even patches of tarmac what a mess, so much for regeneration.

Oh and have a look at James Street, same stupid blocks, can't wait for the prospective councillors to call, mind you they will blame government.

I've just had a word with a few of the remaining shopkeepers down Strand St. and they all felt that you should stay home and not risk all those falls down holes or tripping over the raised stones.

They said they will miss your extra 84p you now have to play with, but again, they all agreed that you should save it towards a new string for your f*****g violin ! thumbsup.gif

Edited by dilligaf

Sorry you feel like that dilligaf, no I don't think I will save towards a new string, just one thing, you are by your comments not a pensioner, so you work and pay tax, good, because I forgot about the tax rebate the Government gives pensioners on low incomes every year, I was reminded this week by the issue of the tax form, now with that money to come £---.00, which you have contributed to with your taxable income, I and other pensioners thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I will spend it wisely, but not down Strand Street in the shops of the few remaining shopkeepers which you are friendly with, but off Island as much as possible, because I don't want to fall over those bad surfaces which you think are a great way to spend public money, Cheers again.

• Like 1

Sorry you feel like that dilligaf, no I don't think I will save towards a new string, just one thing, you are by your comments not a pensioner, so you work and pay tax, good, because I forgot about the tax rebate the Government gives pensioners on low incomes every year, I was reminded this week by the issue of the tax form, now with that money to come £---.00, which you have contributed to with your taxable income, I and other pensioners thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I will spend it wisely, but not down Strand Street in the shops of the few remaining shopkeepers which you are friendly with, but off Island as much as possible, because I don't want to fall over those bad surfaces which you think are a great way to spend public money, Cheers again.

No, I am not an OAP yet and have paid tax for 45 years so far. I think the work done in Douglas, and especially in Ramsey IS money well spent and has very much improved the towns.

BTW, I did add a smiley to my previous post.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Why are they spending thousands of pounds digging up all the new 'regeneration' paving by Isola that they spent many months and thousands of pounds on laying in the first place?

Is this degeneration?

Maybe it's a gas leak and we sort of have to before someone lights a fag out the back of HSBC and blows the place up?