CIVIL fucking service RIPOFFS

hillshepherd

If this is indeed the pay off allocated to the Attorney General, then we are lucky that he didn't sue them for more. He was treated badly by the police and our government in order to hide their own incompetence. Unfortunately this is the kind of corruption which is occurring on a daily basis on this island. There is more to come I'm sure.

Sorry, just how badly can you treat someone suspended for about 4 years on full pay and package (worth over £200,000 per annum) when there was actually a case to answer? I was under the impression disciplinary proceedings were being taken against him?

Well they've tried their damnedest to find something, that's for sure.

It's certainly a whole load of money but if it is the AG, we've probably got off light. He hasn't by the way. Money isn't everything, even when you've got it.

If this is indeed the pay off allocated to the Attorney General, then we are lucky that he didn't sue them for more. He was treated badly by the police and our government in order to hide their own incompetence. Unfortunately this is the kind of corruption which is occurring on a daily basis on this island. There is more to come I'm sure.

Sorry, just how badly can you treat someone suspended for about 4 years on full pay and package (worth over £200,000 per annum) when there was actually a case to answer? I was under the impression disciplinary proceedings were being taken against him?

Well they've tried their damnedest to find something, that's for sure.

It's certainly a whole load of money but if it is the AG, we've probably got off light. He hasn't by the way. Money isn't everything, even when you've got it.

Absolutely!

They tried to destroy him because he was an honest man, and then, when they realised they were wrong they compounded it by trying harder and to no avail! Which has ended in costing the Manx Taxpayer a fortune, whilst interrupting the legal process of this island for years!

Corrupt, Corrupt, Corrupt!

• Like 3

@ Max Power: They tried to destroy him because he was an honest man,

I don't get that idea from what I've read about it. All I see is massive cock-up on all sides right from the start and then massive bouts of attempted arse covering so as not to get dragged into the blame which only made matters worse. I don't see corruption; just incompetence from people who are paid massively to be competent.

• Like 2

What's Bell doing about it?, him and his Comin are just sitting back and waiting for the right time to depart themselves, when I think about that large rise in my state pension this week of £3.30, I also had the rent rise early on in the month of £2.46, so my rise is now 84p, now what am I going to waste that on, just what will it buy?.

With all talk about the Panama Papers, it fades into the mists when talking about the money that's been given to these Civil Servants, if this would have happened in the 1930s/40s there would be all out strikes.

I heard there were a few very big pay outs at the Airport too, something like a million each lump sum, I can't prove it, but somebody must know, this is what needs to made public, never mind the bank accounts of the rich, which Bell said on TV he would make available to the tax people in the UK, as well as police, but not made public to everybody else.

• Like 2

Jealousy is an ugly trait

It's not jealousy when we get pissed off about how our - I repeat OUR - money is being misspent. Ordinarily I wouldn't give two hoots but while they're giving themselves huge pension payouts like this with our money they're telling us we have to work until we're older and cutting real services we paid for. Oh and they're saying the NI fund will run out by 2050. Hmmm I wonder why.

• Like 3

I agree with this whole statement. If it was the AG I'd be OK with it. If it was some fat arse manager who does nothing all day (too many of them to count l) then I think it's daylight robbery.

Edited..... It was Max Power's statement I agree with fully about how they treated the AG. I Can't edit the quote because this useless phone is being useless.

Edited by llap
  • Like 2

I don't get that idea from what I've read about it. All I see is massive cock-up on all sides right from the start and then massive bouts of attempted arse covering so as not to get dragged into the blame which only made matters worse. I don't see corruption; just incompetence from people who are paid massively to be competent.

I thought the crux of the position was this - a winding up order was served on a company owned by Jonathan Irving which owed the VAT ( or was it tax) man £100k or something like that?. When it went to court his lawyer didn't turn up (?) and it was alleged that an arrangement had already been agreed on the outstanding money but Harding allegedly kept that knowledge to himself and the company was struck off?

Is that what happened or is that incorrect? Is Harding being disciplined by his own profession and if so why when he was aquitted? (if that the case?)

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/charges-dropped-against-attorney-general-but-stephen-harding-remains-suspended-1-6459444

I thought the crux of the position was this - a winding up order was served on a company owned by Jonathan Irving which owed the VAT ( or was it tax) man £100k or something like that?. When it went to court his lawyer didn't turn up (?) and it was alleged that an arrangement had already been agreed on the outstanding money but Harding allegedly kept that knowledge to himself and the company was struck off?

Is that what happened or is that incorrect? Is Harding being disciplined by his own profession and if so why when he was aquitted? (if that the case?)

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/charges-dropped-against-attorney-general-but-stephen-harding-remains-suspended-1-6459444

I thought it was more to do with a change of time or similar for the hearing and carter was not informed by the AG, or something like that.

Just to focus on the key aspects of this, firstly do we know for sure that the AG has left the organization? I've never read or heard anything to that effect. Secondly, I think the words of the headline are deliberately chosen; not "civil servant" but "public servant". Consequently, I think that it's John Apsden, who did retire "last year" and who was not a civil servant. (And to that extent, the thread title deviates from the newspaper headline).

• Like 1