Peter Karran standing down

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a shame. Great character and defender of the people. He's stuck to his guns for all those years.

What an incredibly unfortunate and sad bit of news. IOMG could now have free reign over their near sighted decision making.(I'll bet some 'up there' are breathing a rather large sigh of relief!) I h

Yeah how dare he highlight all the wrongdoing by comin and the civil service. Shame on him for all his efforts of bringing the MEA and mount Murray to the public's attention. How dare he highlight how

What an incredibly unfortunate and sad bit of news.

IOMG could now have free reign over their near sighted decision making.(I'll bet some 'up there' are breathing a rather large sigh of relief!)

I hope Katie B gets support from some other colleague brave enough to ask the same tough questions as Peter did.

OR....all is lost.

• Like 12

Peter Karran has done a good job for the people of Onchan and the island as a whole.

If he is standing down, I'm going to give serious thought to standing up. :)

#ChangeYouCanBelieveIn #NoMoreDogPoo #SaveTheHorseTrams #HandsOffOurTT #GravyTrainWillComeToAHalt

• Like 1

Still a youngster.

Perhaps time to stand for Onchan Commissioners? (7 seats, 5 elected unopposed, 2 still needed?).

"The truth of the matter is...is that" he has done some good work as an MHK, and he will be missed.

• Like 2

Not the greatest orator but a man with honesty and his heart in the right place IMHO. Probably fed up with banging his head against the establishment's wall.

First Shimmin, now Karran. Could be a sign...

• Like 3

Just read on Manx radio news Peter Karran standing down at the next election. He is only 55, still more time to devote to being a joiner. Less competition for David Quirk as well.

quirk should get back to the plumbing cuz he's fucking useless as a politician/yes man.

• Like 3

Not the greatest orator but a man with honesty and his heart in the right place IMHO. Probably fed up with banging his head against the establishment's wall.

First Shimmin, now Karran. Could be a sign...

A sign they are looking ahead to the Legislative Council elections?

Sorry to see Peter go, but does it really matter who gets in come November ? Not really. An unelected Chief Minister, through patronage and his stooges in LegCo, controls Tynwald; and the Manx Establishment, the HNW's and senior public sector execs control him. We saw that with the MEA, Mount Murray etc. Until the people organise at grassroots level and effectively take over our corrupt 'democracy' to challenge this power then you might as well stick a pin in the ballot paper come November.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 12