Young People's Lives Are Being Blighted By Drugs

the argument some people have is people take drugs/import them therefore the sentences don't work so just legalise it. well people get sent to jail for rape, murder, assaults but these offences still get committed so should we just legalise it all as obviously prison sentence aren't a deterrent?

You are equating smoking a joint in private to rape and murder...

Have a long hard think about that.

He isn't equating it.

Your rationale is that the current illegal status of something is not working because people still do it.

Should we legalise drink driving?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion young people's lives are not being blighted by drugs, but they are being blighted by the retarded war on drugs. Two concurrent 5 year sentences for such a soft crime! That is just mental

it was good of the deemster to express his concern for the blighting of young lives before sentencing this young life to 5 years

Yes, those perky Deemsters should allow everyone to do exactly as they please with no regard to the law or need to sentence offenders as a deterrent to other nascent criminals.   The war on drugs is

A particularly nasty and vicious assault (bordering on attempted murder imo and from the report) was reported in today's local paper.

The deemster ended a speech to the guy by telling him to do this, do that, and to "stear clear of cannabis".

Was it a case of extreme reefer madness ?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/girlfriend-suffered-punches-and-kicks-and-had-head-held-under-water-1-7861026

Edited by gettafa

I could really do with some drugs to make me chill. Hmmmm, guess cannsbis is illegal, all for my health and safety of course. I guess I'll just pop some prescription opiates and down a bottle of vodka and get drunk, all perfectly legal. What a silly law.

• Like 1

its happining before uni stinky

locked my door turned around

two 12 year old lads were having a chilled yet amimated convo from a distance i picked up on drug talk as we got closer the youngest looking kid said the night was grea t untill i got passed the joint i strugled not to laugh walking down the lane he said to his older mate ahhh but yo whiteied first proper school education would help they were prob on legal high synthic weed

Edited by tameelf
  • Like 1

Prison is exactly the right place for him to go. Whether you're pro-legalisation or not.

No, in education, vocational training or a full time job is the right place for him to go.

You assume he wants to be in any of those.

Prison is exactly the right place for him to go. Whether you're pro-legalisation or not.

No, in education, vocational training or a full time job is the right place for him to go.

You assume he doesn't. You in your ivory tower have no idea what you're talking about. Never judge someone unless you've walked a mile in his shoes.

You assume he doesn't. You in your ivory tower have no idea what you're talking about. Never judge someone unless you've walked a mile in his shoes.

My assumption is based on his behaviour. Yours is based on...

would it be a subject she could feel she could approach you about?

I expect so.

She isn't into it.

And to be fair to her when you can alter your mind legally via £5.50p for three treble vodkas there isn't really a need!

• Like 1