1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I've just completed my online submission. 

separating IOMPO from IOMG and any Tynwald interference is well overdue. 

And Treasury in particular.

Let's not forget that Treasury relieves the Post Office (or did) of £1.5M a year, by statute, REGARDLESS of how much profit or loss the PO actually makes. How it can be expected to operate under those conditions is a mystery to me.

• Like 3
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re right. The post office in the field (ie, the post men and women) provide excellent service and most other couriers rely on slinging the package into your porch or wherever and then leaving a no

A postman told me a couple of years ago they had one floor manager on in the mail department per shift, now there were three and handling less post.   Does anyone know why the post office has to make

Anyone got the number for the MyHermes in Onchan/Peel etc? (Typical Facebook post, Isle of Man) I've never really had a problem with IoM post. This latest matter seems to be the fat cat mana

Posted Images

A postman told me a few months ago that when he started, he was young so not that long ago, there was one manager on duty in the mail room now there were three.   This is where the money is being spent , overmanaged as in every government department.   Of course nothing ever gets done about this because it would cost too much money to get rid of them and there is still the pension to pay. This is the reason we are running out of money, overgoverned and overmanaged.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

What puzzles me is what Julie Edge means by some operators are 'unlicensed'. If they're unlicensed why doesn't she do something about it? I suspect she's telling porkies, in that they don't actually need to be licensed. 

Not going by what Mr Skelly said in April Tynwald last year.

But who give a flying as long as you get the parcel.

The scraggy Hermes guy in a battered old van leaves parcels and I get them. The royal mail call late morning when I am out, write a note then tell me to pick it up after work.  They should just subcontract out the deliveries to scraggy man to deliver in the evenings.

10 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I've put the IOM Post Consultation Cost Cutting MR report in here... for continuity: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/couriers-taking-business-from-post-office/

What puzzles me is what Julie Edge means by some operators are 'unlicensed'. If they're unlicensed why doesn't she do something about it? I suspect she's telling porkies, in that they don't actually need to be licensed.

Maybe the corporatisation of IOM Post will rear it's head again?

What Julie Edge is probably moaning at and quite possibly resents, is the rise in self employed couriers - person using either a car or small van delivering parcels. I’ve had my Amazon deliveries by a lady courier in a small car, very efficient delivery and has common sense where the parcel is placed. I bet Tynpotwald will hit these small couriers with so much red tape and lisencing regulations (perhaps under the guise of a delivery/couriers register), so the Manx Post Office can recover business. 

57 minutes ago, 2112 said:

What Julie Edge is probably moaning at and quite possibly resents, is the rise in self employed couriers - person using either a car or small van delivering parcels. I’ve had my Amazon deliveries by a lady courier in a small car, very efficient delivery and has common sense where the parcel is placed. I bet Tynpotwald will hit these small couriers with so much red tape and lisencing regulations (perhaps under the guise of a delivery/couriers register), so the Manx Post Office can recover business. 

I know what you mean! I complete a tax return for an old friend,  and prepare some accounts for a local family I have known for 30 years. I have to be registeredas a designated business which is a complete pain, time consuming and expensive.  

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’ve had my Amazon deliveries by a lady courier in a small car, very efficient delivery and has common sense where the parcel is placed.

The only thing I find she’s good at is getting me refunds on stuff that isn’t delivered on time from Amazon. I must have had about 5 free items in the last 6 months by complaining I never got them within reasonable time as the service is that appalling. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I must have had about 5 free items in the last 6 months by complaining I never got them within reasonable time as the service is that appalling. 

Not like you to complain.

• Haha 2

Simon Kneen - a Chief Exec who previously was CTRL + ALT + DLT Assistant Manager, whose main contribution to the Post Office is introducing new scanners for Delivery Posties that have never worked - an absolute waste of money and a bewildering appointment.

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
£10k a month FUCK ME
4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Simon Kneen - a Chief Exec who previously was CTRL + ALT + DLT Assistant Manager, whose main contribution to the Post Office is introducing new scanners for Delivery Posties that have never worked - an absolute waste of money and a bewildering appointment.

Yeah, Delivery Posties are notoriously lazy. 

13 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well said. I thought exactly the same thing. What licensing regime is there for delivering parcels? Ms. Edge failing to impress yet again.

• Like 1