The happy thread - post things that make you smile :)

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Dilli - who is the other guitarist (playing rhythm on the black & white Stratocaster) and the bass player? I seem to recognise both of them, but I don't know why.

Phil Manzanera and Guy Pratt - took a bit of Googling to find out.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I look at my wife......ah! She's the best.

no i was meaning the other one

+ 1. Best night's work I ever did meeting mine.

Posted Images

Ah, thank you - I think Phil M is the "insect eye" shades guy from Roxy Music, not that I'd have made the connection. Equally, I'm unsure who Guy Pratt is or why I (thought I) recognised him.

15 hours ago, dilligaf said:

You mean Geoff's collection of TT stuff. Quality there mate. ( I also didn't know how to just start half of a thread)

As far as guitar goes, cop this..................

David Gilmour is one of the greatest guitarist alive, but that video is really talking out of its backdoor by calling this "one of the greatest guitar solos of all time". Maybe it's because I'm familiar with so many of his guitar solos which are about 10,000 times better than this?

Just now, llap said:

David Gilmour is one of the greatest guitarist alive, but that video is really talking out of its backdoor by calling this "one of the greatest guitar solos of all time". Maybe it's because I'm familiar with so many of his guitar solos which are about 10,000 times better than this?

I totally agree in fact.

I posted the link before I played it, thinking it would be as good as usual. It wasn't Bit of a shot in the foot really. I am also a massive fan of Pink Floyd and now Brit Floyd, who IMHO are just as good. ( in fact better on some tracks.:)

My favourite guitar solo by David Gilmour is Marooned from The Division Bell.

There are also some fantastic guitar solos throughout his On An Island album. I've had to change laptops recently so I don't have access to the album immediately to hand so can't recall the best tracks, but it's very similar to Marooned in theme. There's also a very good album I have of David Gilmour live,  Live in Gdańsk, where it has two CDs, one with a load of the Pink Floyd classics -- including the usual like Hey You and Comfortably Numb -- and also a live version of his entire On An Island album (it was, I believe, the first time it was played in public). He plays some of the songs better live on that album than in the Pink Floyd albums.

• Like 1

I consider this to be one of the greatest guitar solos ever recorded (at least that I'm aware of). The solo part begins at about 3:20:

I've tried to find a recording of it on an album, but to no avail. Their "I'm a rocker" song itself, on one of their albums, is rubbish and sounds nothing like this. The entire album it's on is rubbish. But this solo is one of the finest things I've ever heard.

Edited by Aristotle

.............happy, happy, but tired.................finished the patio at last.............does she think it's ideal Home or something?...........it's not a garden feature for goodness sake..............it's just somewhere to sit.............

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

happy, happy, but tired.................finished the patio at last.............does she think it's ideal Home or something?...........it's not a garden feature for goodness sake..............it's just somewhere to sit.............

I've got one the same. 

It could have been worse for you though, as you could have been listening to AC/DC whilst you worked. :P

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...