Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Redundant

Foul language and it's usage...

Haha haha haha

Oh fuck, the swear filer got turned off.

Edited by x-in-man

Haha haha haha

Oh fuck, the swear filer got turned off.

??? I concede, I'm clueless as to what your post means.

Never mind ....

Befuddled biggrin.png

Vader, surely, and ans' rejigging of the swear word filter to transmogrify his famous haha haha haha's. It was all a very long time ago.

• Like 1

I think it is part of the evolution of the written form via electronic medium to more closely resemble how we speak rather than a formal written approach that we were taught in school

I associate evolution with progress and improvement. What has happened to the standard of the spoken and written word in my lifetime doesn't fit the bill.

your forebears probably felt the same way about numerous social changes

I think it is part of the evolution of the written form via electronic medium to more closely resemble how we speak rather than a formal written approach that we were taught in school

I associate evolution with progress and improvement. What has happened to the standard of the spoken and written word in my lifetime doesn't fit the bill.

Probably. I think I agree with them!

Probably. I think I agree with them!

:)

I suppose I was meaning that in the 1950's equivalent of manx forums (the pub), there were probably people suggesting that young woolley scamps were running about the town dropping the standards of verbal and written communication from their preferred standard

• Like 1

Oh, I thought it was all about b*ms*x!

I mentioned it earlier, but I think I got away with it.

• Like 1

No, you didn't.

There is a difference between creative use of profanities and Anglo Saxon, and foul language; the former is a great art form and use of language in its widest form, whereas the latter is often a demonstration of a limited vocabulary and ability to fully articulate.

• Like 1

No, you didn't.

There is a difference between creative use of profanities and Anglo Saxon, and foul language; the former is a great art form and use of language in its widest form, whereas the latter us often a demonstration of a limited vocabulary and ability to fully articulate.

The more precise, bullet point version of that paragraph is "You're fu**ing stupid".

Why add the stars in the middle of a swear word? If you are going to use it, use it.

Free speech is why, I choose to use stars to indicate or simulate a swear word, that's part of what free speech is.

This bloke came up to me ..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy6kb1_derek-and-clive-this-bloke-came-up-to-me_fun

Even You Tube has taken down the original video which was deemed fine for TV in the 70s. F**king c**ts!

Edited by oldmanxfella
  • Like 1