• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I disagree with this. Hillsborough is a tragic example of a systems failure. Nobody - police, ground staff, stewards, players, fans... - went to the match that day with the intention of causing 96 d

It is achieving justice in an obvious case of miscarriage and betrayal. This was not a cover up by the football clubs, or the BBC or press, but by the very institutions that are expected to uphold t

It isn't so much about what happened on the day, but the cover up, fabricating and altering of evidence to hide a series of cock-ups that on other days may have led to a bit of a scuffle. The simple

No doubt they will all refuse to sully their hands with the blood money. Then I woke up.

I think this post of yours "woolley" says more about you than perhaps "them" . As I understand it the families of friends of those who died wanted some form of apology/acknowledgement from those involved and who jumped on the bandwagon vilifying the Liverpool supporters.

It may be prudent to wait until it is made clear what the families and friends are seeking before making comments about " blood money".

It is evident from previous posts that you view any person from Liverpool in a negative light and will take every opportunity to try to ensure that others adopt your sad prejudices .

Just out of idle curiosity if a member of your family ,or a good friend (if you have any) died as a result of the acts or omissions of a third party (and the felony was compounded by that third party lying and asserting that the deceased was the architect of their own death ) would you shrug your shoulders and do/say nothing ?

If the purpose of your post was to demonstrate your lack of empathy/ humanity with anyone who has endured more than their fair share of human misery then I have to say you have done a pretty good job.

Tell me 'woolley' , as an "outsider" what do you think of the human race?

just sayingflowers.gif

Edited by paswt
  • Like 2

No doubt they will all refuse to sully their hands with the blood money. Then I woke up.

I think this post of yours "woolley" says more about you than perhaps "them" . As I understand it the families of friends of those who died wanted some form of apology/acknowledgement from those involved and who jumped on the bandwagon vilifying the Liverpool supporters.

It may be prudent to wait until it is made clear what the families and friends are seeking before making comments about " blood money".

It is evident from previous posts that you view any person from Liverpool in a negative light and will take every opportunity to try to ensure that others adopt your sad prejudices .

Just out of idle curiosity if a member of your family ,or a good friend (if you have any) died as a result of the acts or omissions of a third party (and the felony was compounded by that third party lying and asserting that the deceased was the architect of their own death ) would you shrug your shoulders and do/say nothing ?

If the purpose of your post was to demonstrate your lack of empathy/ humanity with anyone who has endured more than their fair share of human misery then I have to say you have done a pretty good job.

Tell me 'woolley' , as an "outsider" what do you think of the human race?

just sayingflowers.gif

Not at all. I have been debating on another thread with those who show no humanity or sympathy with women facing an unwanted pregnancy. Different subjects engender different views. Of course I sympathise with people who have had heartbreaking experiences. My problem is with the ongoing circus that surrounds this. Humanity also has a need to move on.

• Like 1

your very missinformed wally that or you only repete what you want to. there are not 400 familys just 22 but 400 sounds more negitive so why not say 400

wally you are very happy to allow the police 20 million over 27 years too surpress the truth yet very bitter when the remaining 400 surviving family members file a classaction lawsuit well over a year ago this info only being made public after the findings for the same 20 million the police got 40 million taxpayers cash and many millions more colected by bent lawyers

• Like 1

your very missinformed wally that or you only repete what you want to. there are not 400 familys just 22 but 400 sounds more negitive so why not say 400

wally you are very happy to allow the police 20 million over 27 years too surpress the truth yet very bitter when the remaining 400 surviving family members file a classaction lawsuit well over a year ago this info only being made public after the findings for the same 20 million the police got 40 million taxpayers cash and many millions more colected by bent lawyers

I brought up the figure of 400, because that was the figure quoted on Channel 4 News last night..

I have to side with Wooley on the subject of money too. Being offer cash and accepting it after 27 minutes or 27 years will not change anything IMO, only cheapen a very tragic loss of life. Nothing can replace those poor souls that died that day and the wording at the end of an inquest doesn't either.

It was a massive tragedy, but nobody actually caused it.

The police were very wrong if they knowingly covered things up and lied, and that is for the law to sort out now.

• Like 2

I brought up the figure of 400, because that was the figure quoted on Channel 4 News last night..

I have to side with Wooley on the subject of money too. Being offer cash and accepting it after 27 minutes or 27 years will not change anything IMO, only cheapen a very tragic loss of life. Nothing can replace those poor souls that died that day and the wording at the end of an inquest doesn't either.

The police were very wrong if they knowingly covered things up and lied, and that is for the law to sort out now.

That's not the opinion of the court.

• Like 2

That's not the opinion of the court.

The jury's verdict was "unlawful killing", which is a bit odd IMO, my view would be accidental death.

But you didn't sit through the evidence for two years, and spend weeks debating the issue.

No, I didn't. we have had 27 years of various versions, reports and views and from that I formed the opinion that nobody wanted to cause harm or death, but made some stupid decisions on the day then lied to hind the guilt of such stupidity.

Loads of things combined that day to cause this tragedy. I just don't see how it can be "unlawful".

• Like 1

But you didn't sit through the evidence for two years, and spend weeks debating the issue.

No, I didn't. we have had 27 years of various versions, reports and views and from that I formed the opinion that nobody wanted to cause harm or death, but made some stupid decisions on the day then lied to hind the guilt of such stupidity.

Loads of things combined that day to cause this tragedy. I just don't see how it can be "unlawful".

Criminally negligent manslaughter would be my assumption.

• Like 1

Criminally negligent manslaughter would be my assumption.

But the words cannot help the healing, it only gets fingers pointing.

• Like 1